Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Off-Road Drive

Off-Road Drive Off-Road Drive delivers a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:33 AM
Registered Member

Default Winches & Mud Troubles

Hi All,

I am fairly new to this game, but so far I am really enjoying the challenge although I do have a couple of questions I would like to ask fellow Off-Roaders.
My first question is when I use the winch, usually after getting stuck in the mud how do I choose different anchor points, I am using a afterglow xbox 360 gamepad and I cant work it out, I have tried the [ ] buttons on the keyboard but im finding that doesn't do anything? The other question is about actually getting stuck in the mud to begin with, do you guys have any tips on getting through it, in regards to what car you use or the set-up of the suspension & tyres. If I know its a mud track I will usually start off with lowering the tyre pressure, locking diff & centre diff, putting the gears down to LO, and sometimes trying to swerve my way around in the mud, yet I still manage to get bogged down, and then not knowing how to change anchor points is a pain. Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
StringBean
Old 10-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

On my PC I can choose anchor points by using the left and right steering controls to scroll through the available trees. It won't connect to a tree that has a distance displayed in red though because it's too far away.

On mud tracks the vehicles with less power will get bogged down because they don't have the power needed to spin the tires. I'd try a different vehicle for that track. Also try to get a running start on it so you have momentum entering the pit and DON'T let off the gas for any reason.

I also pick the highest lift possible for better body clearance through mud/rocks, only on the high speed "racing" tracks will I pick a setup with a low center of gravity.

Hope it helps, this is what works for me.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Registered Member

I use the 360 controller also but use the keyboard for the winch
Old 10-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Registered Member

what button do you use Bull? When I use left and right steering controls on my analog sticks on the game pad while using the winch, it moves my steering but not the anchor point.

Last edited by StringBean; 10-07-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringBean View Post
what button do you use Bull? When I use left and right steering controls on my analog sticks on the game pad while using the winch, it moves my steering but not the anchor point.
< > arrow keys enter to select tree of choice in range then , to lower power of winch and . to raise power of winch,to lil power and the winch does nothing to much power you snap the winch line. for mud pits get up your entry speed then NEVER let off the gas. also lower your tire PSI also check the stats of your current tire choice in garage, you may be using a tire selection that isn't right for the track your currently on.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Registered Member

Yeah thanks all I got it sorted.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:00 AM
Approved Member

Default g2h

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringBean View Post
Yeah thanks all I got it sorted.
good 2 hear! keep pushing!