Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 06-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Default 4.12 and Tripple-Screens

I absolutely love the this sim with a tripple screen setup. Its so much more immersive than before. Its almost like a new sim. Well done TD!!!

I use eyefinity with tripple-screen and a res of 5292x1050. With bevel-compensation that is. Its generally working very well, but there are a view "anomalies" Im curios about:

- When I start a mission, it starts zoomed in, much like per-4.12. I have to hit one of my assigned fov-keys to get into widescreen. Why is that necessary?

- Regarding the fov itself: I see the same fov-values as in 4.11 but there seems to be much wider fovs available. Like 120 and up when widescreen is ticked on. How is that working and could this be set manually somewhere, conf.ini maybe? 124 as an example to minimize and fine-tune distortion on the peripheral monitors.

- I love the new UI very much. But the new "responsive" feature gets a bit in the way with tripple-screens: When using bevel-compensations, some of the dropdowns and buttons are hidden behind the bezels. Thus its very hard to setup a quick-mission as an example. Is it possible to set a fixed res for the UI? 1900px wide and centered would be perfect in my case. Again conf.ini somewhere? Maybe a hidden entry?

- Is it possible to use widescreen fovs in tracks without ticking on manual fov? Currently its too much zoomed in and only possible to watch "wide" when doing the "director" by youreself. This is also the case when there are cinematics in a campagne....

- The clouds off the center monitor are drawn with a lower lod, wich looks a bit odd. especially when panning with TIR. I know it was intended for 5:4 ratio and helped with frames in ancient times. But I think its not necessary anymore today. So again, is this possible to change or is this hardcoded?

Dont get me wrong: This are all no biggies and I can live with this "issues" easily. But maybe some of you fellow-widecrseeners have some tips and tricks already at hand? Tweaking this thing is as much fun as flying after all...

Cellinsky
Old 06-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

I would really like to see more information posted as people experiment between widescreen resolutions on triple monitor setups. I'm also trying to get use3renders=1 to work the way it used to with the new widescreen support. If anyone has success I'd love to see how you got it to work - ie: what config.ini settings are needed?

Thanks in advance for comments/suggestions, as well as any potential tweaks some might have for the now grossly stretched menus.

I'm sure we can get this sorted out as a community. Thanks!
Old 07-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellinsky View Post
I absolutely love the this sim with a tripple screen setup. Its so much more immersive than before. Its almost like a new sim. Well done TD!!!

I use eyefinity with tripple-screen and a res of 5292x1050. With bevel-compensation that is. Its generally working very well, but there are a view "anomalies" Im curios about:

- When I start a mission, it starts zoomed in, much like per-4.12. I have to hit one of my assigned fov-keys to get into widescreen. Why is that necessary?

- Regarding the fov itself: I see the same fov-values as in 4.11 but there seems to be much wider fovs available. Like 120 and up when widescreen is ticked on. How is that working and could this be set manually somewhere, conf.ini maybe? 124 as an example to minimize and fine-tune distortion on the peripheral monitors.

- I love the new UI very much. But the new "responsive" feature gets a bit in the way with tripple-screens: When using bevel-compensations, some of the dropdowns and buttons are hidden behind the bezels. Thus its very hard to setup a quick-mission as an example. Is it possible to set a fixed res for the UI? 1900px wide and centered would be perfect in my case. Again conf.ini somewhere? Maybe a hidden entry?

- Is it possible to use widescreen fovs in tracks without ticking on manual fov? Currently its too much zoomed in and only possible to watch "wide" when doing the "director" by youreself. This is also the case when there are cinematics in a campagne....

- The clouds off the center monitor are drawn with a lower lod, wich looks a bit odd. especially when panning with TIR. I know it was intended for 5:4 ratio and helped with frames in ancient times. But I think its not necessary anymore today. So again, is this possible to change or is this hardcoded?

Dont get me wrong: This are all no biggies and I can live with this "issues" easily. But maybe some of you fellow-widecrseeners have some tips and tricks already at hand? Tweaking this thing is as much fun as flying after all...

Cellinsky
I also use three monitors (& TH2GO device), would be better for default FOV to be wide!!!!! I am guessing wide view is about 120 FOV? I would prefer 140! Would be mucho better to be able to set this by individuals because not every one uses same monitor set up!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Approved Member

Agree on above.
Is there a fix comming for the menus not to use the full triple screen?
Is it possible to use Use3Renders=1, if I try it just goes back to 0
Posibilities to have FoV, ie WideScreenFoV=2 (140 as an example)
Default wide FoV at start.

Otherwise...
4.12 just made it soo much better, with triple support.
Keep up the good work
Old 09-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Approved Member

Hello all!

Are there really no answers to the questions of cellinsky??

Greetings
Andreas
Old 11-16-2013, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

yeah, have the menu span across all screens is very annoying - really no way to fix this/change settings so it doesn't do that?

i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz processor with Corsair H80 liquid cooling
AMD Radeon HD6990 4GB graphics card
8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 SDRAM @ 1600Mhz
Kingston SSD 64GB SNV425S2 hard disk
MSI Z68A-GD80 mainboard
Win7 64 Pro operating system
Logitech G940 flight control system

Cliffs of Dover FPS: TBD
ATI Catalyst driver version: 12.2
Old 12-03-2013, 12:34 AM
Approved Member

~S~

I also run 3 28's. Although menu's are an annoyance,
What truly becomes nonfunctional, are the maps.
As a competition flyer, maps are everything!
Full back shows only a small portion on the knee board.
This makes the knee board useless, for our tactical situations.
Also the main in game map, is also too large, for a cohesive briefing.

Overcoming this situation is requiring an additional computer,
just for maps.

Thank you
II./JG1_Heinz "Moxy" Schulte
Old 01-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Approved Member

Totally agree with the above-mentioned desires. Extreme inconvenience of using triple-head systems is very frustrating.
I continue to use 4.11…
Old 01-13-2014, 08:21 PM
Registered Member

Triple screen is still broken from what I can tell.

You should deselect the widescreen option and set use3renders=0 and use Sans FOV changer. I've been using this for years with no issues, but the menu will still be stretched.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag85 View Post
Triple screen is still broken from what I can tell.

You should deselect the widescreen option and set use3renders=0 and use Sans FOV changer. I've been using this for years with no issues, but the menu will still be stretched.
What about minimap? As Moxy says, is only a portion visible?

From previous post, more than a year went by. Any news?