Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 04-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

This is a 16 vs 16 fight with all my guys set as Aces and the enemy a mix of rooks & average.. Notice I have 5 out of 16 planes converging on me and not a friendly in range to do much ... I posted about this already .. but this was a classic example..
Old 05-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Approved Member

One thing I have noticed... If you mix up the commands between Attack Fighter, Target All and Cover Me (for wingman) and lastly Anyone Help.. the AI do better job of fighting as a team. Even with each other... They friendlies behave more like the gang banging bad guys do..
Old 05-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

Two most irritating me things in AI behaviour.
When I have enemy on my 6, he is shooting with some deflection, and thats ok. BUT why he is making correction in his aiming while I am under his windscreen? He shouldn't see me! This looks like AI is flying with cockpit view off.
Second thing is when I'm trying to shake him off with simple scissors he ramm into my plane instead break or go over me to repeat attack or whatever.

And maybe not important much thing, before 4.11 AI pilot followed his head with his target. After this patch he looks straight.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
This is a 16 vs 16 fight with all my guys set as Aces and the enemy a mix of rooks & average.. Notice I have 5 out of 16 planes converging on me and not a friendly in range to do much
Rereading this post, while it's wrong for an Ace level wingman to be nowhere to be seen (unless he got shot down), I think that it's appropriate for Average or Rookie pilots to "pile on" to a single target and get sucked into a tail chase.

Saburo Sakai describes a situation where there was briefly a situation where a Hellcat was chasing a Zero, with a Zero chasing the Hellcat, with a Hellcat chasing that Zero, and a Zero on the tail of that Hellcat - and every plane shot down the plane ahead of it, leaving behind just one Zero.

That sort of deadly target fixation was a very common problem. Even Veteran or Ace pilots could fall victim to it, setting themselves up for defeat when they lost Situational Awareness.

But, like I said, unless your wingie has run into problems, if he's Ace level AI, he SHOULD be clearing your tail. Preferably with a high side attack against the bandit closest to you.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

Default Different behavior in coops and single player missions

I have been having some problems with AI pilots engaging in very strange behavior in coops. In one mission the AI flew over their target and dropped their bombs a Kilometer beyond the assigned map coordinates. When the same mission is ran as a single player mission the same AI flight flew normally and hit their target.

I hosted the same mission again as a coop and the same strange behavior was noted with the AI completely missing their target.

Anyone else every experience this problem?

What is different between coop and single player missions?