Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daidalos.team View Post
@moderator: please make it a sticky

We will continue to develop and release further AI improvements in future patches. Please help us to identify any 4.11 AI related issues and post them here with detailed description, screenshots, videos, etc. Thank you.

Daidalos Team
AI bug:

Jet fighters, e.g. me262, have trouble handling engine overheating. Took off with 8 me262's (career center, 1945) with auto pilot on and the engine got overheated. It reduced power after the message appeared, but it was too late and got me a smoking engine.

Rgs,
FP
Raid1 1 Tb data disk
8GB DDR3-1600
MSI Geforce 680GTX @ default clocks
Hotas Cougar
X-Fi Music
Old 01-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

this is not a bug. its just something TD should look at AI.

ATM AI is so much interesting than in previous releases. its more creative, has more maneuvers etc but it lacks the 101 of every fighter pilot: they dont know how to combat turn!

im replacing this video soon for one withou typos. i apologize

every new pilot is thought how to turn, and thats the number 1 defensive maneuver, a hard horizontal turn. specially when you are in such a good turner ( zero ) fighting a lousy turner ( f6f).

i hope this answers previews questions answered by a TD member of why i considered the AI still easy. The AI is very good, hard and realistic if you are on the slower plane, but if you are in the fast plane, its still a piece of cake.

Last edited by pupo162; 01-13-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

was that an ACE AI? Veteran? or Rookie?
Old 01-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F19_Klunk View Post
was that an ACE AI? Veteran? or Rookie?
ACE! forgot to put on the title, very important info!

in fact if you start with a regular AI, you will see the beginning is very similar, but midway trow th emerge, the AI will just do a lot of mistakes. like a noob would do
Old 01-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Approved Member

Default New gunner killed- autopilot for ever. Pe2

I was testing the new gunner in Pe2-110 series, QMB, crimea, scramble, and of course i was stupid enough to shoot the ground (scramble), got the gunner killed, and plane went on autopilot and no way i could turn it of. I could switch through every member crew alive (pilot included), but no answer from the autopilot key or other input. Tryed it again and the same efect. The problem its if the enemy shoots the bottom gunner and plane goes all the way on autopilot. Dont know if this happens in flight, must be tested.
The game is super, thanks team Daidalos!
Old 01-14-2012, 04:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolelas View Post
I was testing the new gunner in Pe2-110 series, QMB, crimea, scramble, and of course i was stupid enough to shoot the ground (scramble), got the gunner killed, and plane went on autopilot and no way i could turn it of. I could switch through every member crew alive (pilot included), but no answer from the autopilot key or other input. Tryed it again and the same efect. The problem its if the enemy shoots the bottom gunner and plane goes all the way on autopilot. Dont know if this happens in flight, must be tested.
The game is super, thanks team Daidalos!
Had similar happen in a PE8 on Crimea while trying a scramble against no AI (just wanted to see how it handled on takeoff). Was unable to use the hatswitch on my stick either, so had to refly.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

I was testing the new 4.11 release in Quick Mission Builder.
I attacked 3 enemy planes, TBD-1. I got some hits to a plane that was probably the leader of the group. Smoke was coming out of the damaged plane and it started slowly losing altitude.

the bug: its wingman kept following the damaged plane towards the ground and both AI planes crashed.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Approved Member

In fast vs slow, but good turner scenario (i.e. BF109 vs I16), fast planes try to do same stuff like in the video posted earlier, that results in damage or destruction of fast plane pretty quickly, as AI doesn't waste ammo anymore. It would be good if AI could choose to dive aggressively and extend, instead of all these half turns and rolls.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for telling your impressions. AI is not considered as final - its just a first step done now and further tweaking is planed, where necessary. Your oppinions help much to this. But please consider also more various situations than just 1vs1, so as big furballs, different plane types (energy fighter/T&B fighter) or disadvantages in numbers. Its also important, how AI work together.

As for the video above, it seems to be an ace- (read minus ... a poor skilled ace), you know, the general skill sublevels may vary randomly.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 01-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJGr.Ost_Caspar View Post
Thanks for telling your impressions. AI is not considered as final - its just a first step done now and further tweaking is planed, where necessary. Your oppinions help much to this. But please consider also more various situations than just 1vs1, so as big furballs, different plane types (energy fighter/T&B fighter) or disadvantages in numbers. Its also important, how AI work together.

As for the video above, it seems to be an ace- (read minus ... a poor skilled ace), you know, the general skill sublevels may vary randomly.
regarding the ACE- thats a very good implementation. its not seen in this video, but in my previous attempts at something like this, i had a f4f ( slower than the zero) and about 2 out of 3 times, the zero would just extend and play safe, clearly a ace+ choice