Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 04-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Approved Member

I don't think it is a question of realism or not.

It is just a question to accept it as a game variant, and not to try to support it by calling realism.

Maybe as it used to be, it was a bit oversimpplified.

Also, it is a funny option, but I never understood the need for it. The normal respawining option does actually the same. Maybe it is enough to place a despawn position.

I don't know, for me it is just a gaming style.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Approved Member

You guys are forgetting sp and coop modes!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps69 View Post
i don't think it is a question of realism or not.

It is just a question to accept it as a game variant, and not to try to support it by calling realism.

Maybe as it used to be, it was a bit oversimpplified.

Also, it is a funny option, but i never understood the need for it. The normal respawining option does actually the same. Maybe it is enough to place a despawn position.

I don't know, for me it is just a gaming style.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolwyn View Post
You guys are forgetting sp and coop modes!!!!
I do agree with you here, realistic or not, RRR would be a good implementation for Co-operative and Single player missions, but for dogfight mode I really don't see any use.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS69 View Post
Also, it is a funny option, but I never understood the need for it.
So, you're flying a full-real Co-op mission as part of a Japanese dive bomber group in a Battle of Midway scenario. You're loaded with small anti-personnel bombs to make a second strike on Midway when word comes in that an American carrier task force has been detected.

RRR (rearming option) allows you to change your bomb loadout to 250/500 Kg bombs to take out the American ships.

You're currently at 50% fuel from the Midway strike, so RRR (refueling) allows you to simultaneously increase your fuel load so you have the range to hit the enemy and get back home.

The only problem is that it will take 30 minutes or more to remove the Anti-Personnel bombs and fit the larger bombs, and about as long to get refueled.

Meanwhile, the entire air wing is just sitting on the deck because they can't take off until RRR has been completed.

Damned shame about all those inbound American bombers.

Maybe, if you're in a position to take off, you could cancel RRR once you realize that the enemy is in the air, taking off with some (or no) bombs and partial fuel. You can't strike the enemy carriers, but you might be able to help out the CAP in your D3A2 (as was done historically) and save your carrier.

NOW tell me that RRR is unrealistic.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marabekm View Post
I do agree with you here, realistic or not, RRR would be a good implementation for Co-operative and Single player missions, but for dogfight mode I really don't see any use.
Currently, no there's not much point. You just land and respawn.

OTOH, there could be an option for dogfight servers which DISABLES automatic respawn after landing and forces you to use RRR.

If the server host wanted to be a bastard, you could limit RR to just refueling and rearming guns, so you have to fly with a damage aircraft until you crash or get shot down.

Server rules could also allow "vulching" so you might get destroyed while you're sitting on tarmac rearming and refueling.

Or, turn it around. Perhaps you and your side get extra points if you successfully land and perform RRR vs. respawning.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
NOW tell me that RRR is unrealistic.
Lol!

If you tell me IL2 carriers have bombs and plane fuel on the deck, and differential fire fighting capability, I will agree!

To me, it is just a question of stock management, or time in between respawns.

Someone mentioned the RRR on coop missions, I could understand that. It is like playing a continous mission. But there must be something more, like the moving front lines, and the capacity for ground troops to conquer bases.
Problem is that IL2 never behaved as a wargame. Not like the far older SWOTL and BOB.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
If you tell me IL2 carriers have bombs and plane fuel on the deck, and differential fire fighting capability, I will agree!
We can hope!

Quote:
Someone mentioned the RRR on coop missions, I could understand that. It is like playing a continous mission. But there must be something more, like the moving front lines, and the capacity for ground troops to conquer bases.
Problem is that IL2 never behaved as a wargame. Not like the far older SWOTL and BOB.
Valid point. Third party products do a much better job here.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

Repair option is unrealistic. Repair plane can be several hours/ days/ weeks.
Refuel/ rearm option had DT in scope in MDS. But never realized it. Maybe in future ...

Last edited by daidalos.team; 04-06-2016 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:16 AM
Approved Member

Default Rrr

Reload Refuel should be the top priority for team Diadalos. Its already in a Mod in CUP from SAS , why cant we have have it ? its not rocket science . Surely a couple of armoured trains add ons cant be a priority !! RRR is a significant jump for the sim.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt fury View Post
Reload Refuel should be the top priority for team Diadalos. Its already in a Mod in CUP from SAS , why cant we have have it ? its not rocket science . Surely a couple of armoured trains add ons cant be a priority !! RRR is a significant jump for the sim.
It's a matter of what different team members are able to do. RRR requires coding skills. Armored train add-ons require 3d graphics skills.

Mods have shown that RRR is possible, but unless the creator of that mod wishes to share their work with DT, DT would have to develop RRR functionality from scratch.