Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 09-16-2015, 07:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier_Fortune View Post
Well... these numbers are showing the USMC had more total casualties than the USAAF. But they also seem the air warfare was a more deadly job than the fighting in the jungle.
Not to get off topic, but factoring in non-combat deaths, the USAAF lost more men. Flying was a (relatively) dangerous business in the 1940s, and learning to fly was even more risky.

But, in terms of battle casualties, I'd have to give the USMC the edge.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:13 AM
Approved Member

No Western Europe prohibition remaining in the TD contract? I thought the "good stuff" was still off limits.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster_Dee View Post
No Western Europe prohibition remaining in the TD contract? I thought the "good stuff" was still off limits.
actually not ... and as far i know Gitano already working on Channel map ...

Old 09-17-2015, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sita View Post
actually not ... and as far i know Gitano already working on Channel map ...
Great news!

That would be really awesome! + if only we had later He-111 variants, flyable Do-217, Typhoon, Spitfire Mk.1, later version of Hurricane Mk.1, Fw-190G... Sorry, just dreaming
Old 09-17-2015, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaunt1 View Post
Great news!

That would be really awesome! + if only we had later He-111 variants, flyable Do-217, Typhoon, Spitfire Mk.1, later version of Hurricane Mk.1, Fw-190G... Sorry, just dreaming
Spitfire Mk. I...!?

The "IL2 Universe" can no longer tolerate one more Spit!

But the Gloster Meteor would be a good (and needed, IMHO !!) add, instead.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Approved Member

It is good to have new maps but it is better to come with new campaigns. It is pity for offline players to not fly historical campaigns in the new maps
Old 09-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sita View Post
and as far i know Gitano already working on Channel map ...
Great news, a channel map has been needed for a long time.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Spitfire Mk. I...!?

But the Gloster Meteor would be a good (and needed, IMHO !!) add, instead.
I used to do a ton of dogfight scenarios and the one that I got over and over again was ... "Do the BOB" and I'd explain why we didn't have the planeset for that. A Mark I Spit would be all I need to really make it work tho.

At this point I doubt anyone would hardly mind although you never know
Old 09-21-2015, 05:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Why not? The Spitfire was involved in WW2 from the first day to the last, was built in huge numbers, was the premiere fighter for one of the major nations involved in WW2, served with half a dozen other air forces, and saw service on literally every front. In many ways, it's the Allied equivalent of the Bf-109.

We don't need every Spitfire model ever produced, but the Mk I would be a worthy addition, as would the F XIIC & F XIVC.

I'm not saying that planes like the Gloster Meteor wouldn't be welcome, but the lack of early and late war Spitfires is a bit like not including any Bf-109E models, or any Bf-109G or K model after the G-6.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
I used to do a ton of dogfight scenarios and the one that I got over and over again was ... "Do the BOB" and I'd explain why we didn't have the planeset for that. A Mark I Spit would be all I need to really make it work tho.

At this point I doubt anyone would hardly mind although you never know
Ok.

But probably you would need a bit more than the Spit Mk.I, IMO.

If you had the right planes set (Mk. I included) to design a 'BoB campaign' in the stock IL2 v4.X... what map would you use? ¿Normandy...?

I think the request "do the BoB" couldn't be attended at all by the main limitation to do it... the lack of maps for such scenary.

Well.. . a map like La_Chute might give some room to design that campaign to be played off-line. Or at least to have a map of the S of England to play it on-line and off-line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
Why not? The Spitfire was involved in WW2 from the first day to the last, was built in huge numbers, was the premiere fighter for one of the major nations involved in WW2, served with half a dozen other air forces, and saw service on literally every front. In many ways, it's the Allied equivalent of the Bf-109.

We don't need every Spitfire model ever produced, but the Mk I would be a worthy addition, as would the F XIIC & F XIVC.

I'm not saying that planes like the Gloster Meteor wouldn't be welcome, but the lack of early and late war Spitfires is a bit like not including any Bf-109E models, or any Bf-109G or K model after the G-6.

My intention was not to create an off-topic in my own thread, or snubbing the memory of the glorious Spit.

But today we have about 13 subcategories of Spitfire, plus another 2 for the Seafire. And I think we have enough of them for a sim like this.

The same can be said about the Bf-109 (15 subcategories), or the Yak (18 subcategories).

What news would add the Spit Mk 1 when compared with other Spitfires we already have, apart from being a historical model?

The time to develop new aircrafts, is currently voluntary and scarce.
And there are planes that still we do not have, even for the AI.

Perhaps the Avro-Lancaster (other old glory of the RAF: performed more than 165,000 sorties along the war) would be a better add-on than other Spitfire... or than the Gloster Meteor also.

But finally TD will have the last official word about all the matters related with IL2.