Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 08-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up More twin Engine flyables in IL-2 1946

Hello all. I have been playing IL-2 since 2001. ts a great game and every patch by team Daidalos makes it better.

Why isnt there a flyable ME-210 or the early me-110's in game. I know four engine bombers take up a lot of time to mod and code. twin engine planes take more time then single seat aircraft. i thank the team should focus on adding more twin engine planes(me-210,early me-110's, ju-88 night fighters , maybe the TU-2) and (p-61 night fighters as well. Is there any way to speed things up to get to 4.14M sooner like donations and research . I can't mod or code anything. Also a lot of people are saying go back and re work some of the older models in game both outside and the interior . I say leave it as is. and focus on new material. maybe one day we could have a flyable b-29 i know it would take years to do the interior.

Thanks for all you guys do to keep this game going after all these years!
Old 08-28-2015, 11:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinpanzer87 View Post
Why isnt there a flyable ME-210 or the early me-110's in game.
Good questions.

Short unofficial answers:

Me-210 - DT intends to make all the planes in the game flyable. But, they're a very small team, they have a lot to do, and there are a lot of aircraft to do!

Early model Bf-110 - The planes of 1939-40 have never been the focus of IL2, and until a few years ago, modelers have been discouraged from making them. There's no reason why they can't be made, however.

DT has added a number of twin-engined planes to the game over the years, notably the Ki-45, and several new versions of Ju-88. There's also a good chance that we'll eventually get a flyable Bf-110G-4 night fighter.

The massive (literally, years of work) B-24D project was the work of two remarkably talented outside developers - Monguse & Buster Dee. Likewise, the He-177 also represented the work of outsiders. It just happened that the 4.13 patch was when those projects got released.

Quote:
I thank the team should focus on adding more twin engine planes (me-210,early me-110's, ju-88 night fighters , maybe the TU-2) and p-61 night fighters as well.
Sadly, no vehicle that Northrop-Grumman claims intellectual property rights to can be included in the game. That means no P-61 for us .

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=192323

Quote:
Is there any way to speed things up to get to 4.14M sooner like donations and research.
DT can't take donations. But, if you want you can help make the He-177 Grief become flyable by sending money here:

https://sites.google.com/site/he177a3r2greif/

If you speak a foreign language, have access to unusual resources (e.g., existing aircraft, rare technical manuals), or have detailed technical or historical knowledge, then offers of research assistance might be helpful.

e.g.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=229392

What you can do in the meantime is design missions and campaigns, and perhaps make skins, especially for the less popular aircraft. If they're good enough, you can sent them to DT for inclusion in a later patch. In any case, Mission4 Today will take anything that's halfway decent:

http://www.mission4today.com/

Finally, play the game - especially online - and get your friends to play it. Keeping this wonderful old game alive depends on a dedicated user community.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:27 AM
Approved Member

Would high res pictures of cockpits help? From books?
Old 08-29-2015, 05:16 AM
Approved Member

I take it you don't use mods, all the planes you mentioned are flyable even the B29.

Last edited by Gumpy; 08-29-2015 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

Yes, we definitely need a few more flyable twin engine planes. One problem, time. Its a massive work to model a cockpit. So in my opinion, there arent too many planes that could be made in a reasonable time:

1, more He-111 variants, probably this would be the easiest, because Yt2 (TD member) already made a beautiful mod, that not only adds more, but corrects the faults of original models.
2, B-25C. I think it should be easy too, even gunner positions.
3, Do-217K/M, also a mod, fairly complete, but of course needs more detail. This plane would be really interesting to have
4, Bf-110C4, maybe modifying G2 cockpit?
5, B-25G/H. Turrets could be adopted straight from B-25C and H, question is cockpit. Dont know how different compared to C/H variants...
6, Ju-88C6. Much could be used from A4 pit, it mainly needs a new instrument panel, and some weapons inside, like MG FF and MG 17s
7, Beaufighter. Earlier british variants would be sweet! Probably it could be modified from the Mk.21
Old 08-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpy View Post
I take it you don't use mods, all the planes you mentioned are flyable even the B29.

gunner stations too? also what mod is that.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:55 AM
Approved Member

Yes all gunner stations playable and mod is B29 flyable cockpit with B29 upgrade mod applied.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Would high res pictures of cockpits help? From books?
It depends. Though the miracles of cloud computing, scanners, and lax copyright law enforcement many relevant books have already been scanned.

But, if you've got really obscure stuff, then it couldn't hurt to ask.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaunt1 View Post
1, more He-111 variants, probably this would be the easiest, because Yt2 (TD member) already made a beautiful mod, that not only adds more, but corrects the faults of original models.
The only problem is figuring out how cockpits were altered between variants!

Quote:
2, B-25C. I think it should be easy too, even gunner positions.
I believe that the B-25 cockpit layout didn't change that much (other than things like adding or removing gun sights). Top turret position was the same (Bendix turret). Waist gunner stations not present, so don't need to be modeled.

Tail gun position was different. Bombardier & nose gunner stations would need to be modeled.

It would need a new model and crew station, but it would be interesting to see a B-25C with the ventral turret.

Quote:
3, Do-217K/M, also a mod, fairly complete, but of course needs more detail. This plane would be really interesting to have
From DT's point of view, this plane would need to be made from scratch unless the modder was willing to donate their work to the cause and that work was up to DT's quality standards. Likely an entirely new project!

Quote:
4, Bf-110C4, maybe modifying G2 cockpit?
I believe that the Bf-110C had a slightly different instrument panel. Basically, a new project. But, I also believe that the gunner's station didn't' change that much between marks.

While it would be a new project that would require a modified model & cockpit, and new skins, I'd be interested in seeing a Bf-110D variant.

Quote:
5, B-25G/H. Turrets could be adopted straight from B-25C and H, question is cockpit. Dont know how different compared to C/H variants...
Allegedly, the B-25G was identical to the B-25C aft of the nose. That makes a flyable B-25C a priority, since it would simplify work on the B-25G.

Quote:
7, Beaufighter. Earlier british variants would be sweet! Probably it could be modified from the Mk.21
Or not. There were a lot of production changes in the Mk 21 from other variants. That said, the Beaufighter MkIc & Mk X are necessary parts of any Mediterranean/Italian campaign.

Then, there's the venerable Blenheim Mk I & IV which have been in the game from the very beginning. Making those planes flyable would give both the FAF & RAF two early-war bombers.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpy View Post
Yes all gunner stations playable and mod is B29 flyable cockpit with B29 upgrade mod applied.
I've flown this mod and I'm unimpressed with the modeling of the fire control stations.

Getting the defensive gunnery systems of the B-29 right will be a big task, and I'm not sure that IL2 is up to the job.

In addition to the complexities of modeling the gunner stations with their targeting sights, you also need to recreate the system that allowed gunners to hand off control of the various turrets to each other. By comparison, modeling the cockpit and bombardier positions is easy!