Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 02-27-2016, 05:19 PM
Approved Member

Default Configuring bomb craters

How do i get bomb craters to stay active on a map. Im not talking about the emplaceable objects craters but from bombs dropped onto an enemy airfield etc. In the fmb there is a misc section and it has configure craters, i want to bomb gasmata field and have the craters to stay for a while, do i set a timer?? it shows a greyed out box of 80s* which i think means 80 seconds, thats why the craters dissappear?? the white box has 1.0, is this 1 hour or 1 minute?? Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
How do i get bomb craters to stay active on a map. Im not talking about the emplaceable objects craters but from bombs dropped onto an enemy airfield etc. In the fmb there is a misc section and it has configure craters, i want to bomb gasmata field and have the craters to stay for a while, do i set a timer?? it shows a greyed out box of 80s* which i think means 80 seconds, thats why the craters dissappear?? the white box has 1.0, is this 1 hour or 1 minute?? Any help greatly appreciated.
It's the white box that matters. I just type in as many nines as will fit and the craters don't disappear.

Cheers Rob.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

look at the MDS guide that was with 4.10.

Here:

Craters
On this screen you can modify time before bomb/gun/rockets craters disappear. Default
multiplier is set to 1.0 for all of them. Default times are also stated (number next to text
boxes). By changing multipliers, you can make craters visible longer time. However this only
works in single player mission and coop missions. Setting long crater durations in dog fight
missions would cause inconsistency between players, since DF mode allows joining anytime.

So 1.0 is the multiplier. Changing it to 2 would make craters stay for 160 seconds (2 minutes 40 seconds), changing it to 3 means 240 seconds (4 minutes), and having it set to 9 would make crater there for 720 seconds (12 minutes), ETC.
But this only works in single missions or coops. Not dogfights.

Last edited by Marabekm; 02-28-2016 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

thanks, it seems to be staying till end of mission now, thanks again.