Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

I guess 31'st is a lot better than April fools day...
Old 03-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

lol buz its not good, thats another 7 days we have to wait lmao noooooo! nm. Im takin a guess here, but maybe its been moved back because crysis 2 would have been released the same same day.... damn damn damn
Old 03-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Approved Member

Default No mods??

Will the cliffs of Dover allow folks to make all those mods that diffuse an already small population.
Or will we all have the exact same version of the Sim??

When improvements are made by the developer a patch will be released as it should be.

I stopped flying IL2 as it got way to muddled to enjoy any longer.
I'm hoping that cliffs of Dover wont be a Sim were we have to continually keep up wit the latest and greatest "Mods" .

Last edited by RaVe; 03-19-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaVe View Post
Will the cliffs of Dover allow folks to make all those mods that diffuse an already small population.

When improvements are made by the developer a patch will be released as it should be.

I'm hoping that cliffs of Dover wont be a Sim were we have to continually keep up wit the latest and greatest "Mods" .
Assuming it will have built-in modding support like it was said initially, i bet it will be much simpler to fly with the same version. If there's a separate subfolder for mods without altering the core game files and a server admin can enforce a mod selection just like they can do for difficulty settings it could work. So assuming i had 5 mods in my installation but the server only allowed mods A and B, upon joining it would disable everything in that folder except folders A and B.

That's just speculation on my part, but they did mention they would release an SDK so people can add new content without having to hack the game code, so if they consider ease of modding important i bet they will have an appropriate interface to manage them easily.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
It could be done in a similar way as "Rise of Flight" does it: People who bought a 3rd party add-on model will get the included cockpit, people who didn't get the external model in a patch. If 3rd party add-ons are maps, you could be seeing a symbol in a map-column (red X?) that indicates you don't have the map and can't join that server. Filtering the server list, it would not show the map.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Sucks to be you. Ive been flying more than ever, and it doesn't bother me in the least it gets pushed back. Ill buy it the day it its ready to come out

Old 04-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

Hi are the maps realistic so every building is there and in the correct place historically.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

I have Windows XP ...can anyone tell me if I have to upgrade to Vista ( I hope not..)
Old 04-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Approved Member

XP does not have the ability to "see/use" enough ram to run CoD.

Sorry.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 04-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Approved Member

I am currently running CoD on XP with 4Gb installed. Win 7 64 bit is recommended as a first step to improved performance from those who have upgraded XP to win 7. Best to read the various posts......