Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 11-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Approved Member

I have DCS-A10c and it is a great sim. Very expensive though. It has cost me $39AUD for the sim, $580 for the Warthog, $90 for the MFD's, few bux for a second monitor plus the usual hardware upgrades.

The learning curve for procedures is steep if you go for full realism.

I haven't played it for a while because of COD so when I decide to get back into it I'll have to relearn all the weapon systems etc.

With the hotas set up it is a very tactile game. I would hate to try to play it using the keyboard short cuts.

Hmmm! that reminds me must check to see if anyones released a UFC!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Approved Member

Kwiatek +1

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/
Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Approved Member

Got all except the Combined Arms add-on.

Me and a couple of mates are concentrating on Ka-50 but I personally enjoy all aircraft.

I hate to say this in a 1C:CoD forum but DCS have created THE premier flight sim in terms of modelling and adaptability. All that is missing is more aircraft really.

There are rumours floating about that an FW-190D is in development to compliment the P-51D.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcFly View Post
From what i have heard this A-10 isn't just a game. It's a simulation in the purest meaning.
It takes you weeks or months to make progress.
You have to read a lot to get an overview over all the systems.
Currently there is a sale where you can get the a-10 and black shark 2
for 18 bucks. Have to look where it was.
If you can provide a link that would be great.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2012, 02:30 AM
Approved Member

http://getloadedgo.com/
Old 11-07-2012, 02:59 AM
Approved Member

Looks like you missed the sale on getloadedgo.com, it was only for the weekend. They're promising another on Nov. 9.

+1 on DCS: Mustang, it justs feels like a real airplane! In 9 years of prop sims I've never seen anything like it!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:39 AM
Registered Member

I have all the DCS modules and I simply love them. Together with a group in Multiplayer, together with TARS, it's just so much fun.

And flying the Mustang is the biggest challenge I ever had in a flightsim.
In a 30min dogfight, only 25% of the pilots were shot down, the other 75% crashed by pilot error
Old 11-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

DCS:A-10 is one of the finest flightsims I've ever played in 25+ years of computer gaming. It certainly is the most detailed one. I've been playing it for a bit over 2 years now and still can't get enough of it. DCS:A-10 with a Warthog Stick, TrackIR and rudder pedals is as close to sim-nirvana as I can get.

And don't get me started on the fun of flying the A-10 online with a human JTAC. Nirvi and the GSPB guys can attest to that.

If you have at least a tiny bit of interest in the A-10 and are not afraid of complex simulations then get DCS:A-10 ASAP.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

You can try The Russian SU-25 T for Free and experience it'sAdvanced Flight model,That should give you an idea what you're in for with The A-10C.The Su-25 is included when you download DCS World.

Patrick
Old 11-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

What can I say. If you are ready to invest a considerable amount of time learning just how to start the darned thing then you will be extremely rewarded. I remember, after days of reading and watching tutorials, when I started up the Hog and took it for the first flight, the sense of reward was unbeatable. It takes a lot of time but it gives A LOT back and on the flip side the game itself is stable and won't stand in your way of having fun like certain other software *HARKEL!*. I also recently bought Black Shark 2 and....oh boy. So yes, if you need a time filler, you can't go wrong with the Hog, I also recommend it above Black Shark if you're a beginner because let's face it, actually flying the KA-50 is a project all on it's own whilst the A-10 practically flys itself so you can focus on the systems more actively...A-10 can't hover though.