Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

Default Questions I couldn't find answers to. I'm new.

SO I have a few questions that I couldn't find the answers to on this or any forum. ( been to a few but a lot are empty )

1.) For training mode, ( which I love btw ) can I set it so I can have planes on my team to and so they can be different than what I'm running ?

2.) Does beating the campaign unlock more options for the training mode ?

The reason I ask is that I understand playing online isn't going to happen frequently. I'm cool with that. I just want as many options in training mode as possible and so far I can set a ton of enemies but nobody else on my side.

3.) How many planes are unlockable without having to win an online match?

It seems as thought there are like 20 planes unlockable only via playing online. which in theory is cool, but now that the online community is super slim , winning 1 match is just as hard as winning 50 matches.

4.) I've only played on arcade mode. Is there a huge different from that to realistic mode ? What are the main differences I will notice or have to adjust to ?

5.) Have yet to play mission editor ( not training ) but actual missions....can you change settings for those too.

6.) What does continuing the mission do for you in the campaign? Am I missing out on unlocking planes by skipping to do some of these ?

I'm sure I"ll have more questions in a bit.

Thanks for taking your time to read this.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

Firsty, hello and welcome

Ok to try and help...

1) For training you cannot have any friendly planes helping you unfortunately, its just you versus the AI. Sorry bud.

2) Beating the campaign will unlock new planes and load outs for you which you can use in training mode.

3) For which planes are unlocked and how then this will help, its a guide of every in game plane and whats needed to unlock them -

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=13167

4) Arcade mode pretty much makes everyone on a level playing field no matter what plane your flying. Alot of players prefer this mode for the franctic action it offers. Realistic and Sim make things moe difficult, with Sim mode its cockpit view only and limited fuel/ammo. Its all about finding the one that you prefer.

5) Mission editor? I'm not sure what this is. As for actual missions... no you cannot change anything in these other than difficulty.

6) In campaign certain requirements are required to unlock planes. If you check the link i've given you then it will help expalin whats needed.

Theirs "single missions" in the game aswell. Playthrough these to unlock additional planes. Again, the link will tell you whats required.

If you need anymore help then post away and we will all be happy to help where we can.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

thanks for the quick reply.

By mission editor i meant the extra "single " missions. I thought I read you could edit those too once you have beaten them.

Too add...Randomly checked online about 30 min ago and found a game. Only one other person on. Dragon something was his name, but he was schoolin me pretty good. I managed a few kills the second game but eventually he stopped trying so hard becuase he realized I wasn't nearly as good. Was still the most fun I've ever had falling from a plane 17 times though...

Kind of stinks about Training and no Team AI but o well, it will have to do, plus the actual missions themselves are pretty fun regardless.

Is there anything else to unlock in the Training mode besides whatever planes I earn from the campaign ?

Thanks for posting the links to earning the planes also, should be a big help.

Can any planes still shoot their guns while in freefall or after being shot down, like on the way down can they " go out firing " ?

Can I run into the parachuters that are failing after bailout ? I ask this because I was wondering if they could cause me to crash and if so I'll def try to avoid. Plus they are helpless anyways. so not fair.

I noticed that almost all additional weapon load outs need to be unlocked via online matches. Does the different loadouts makes a huge difference ?

Does this mean I'll never get to use rockets on some of my planes or have upgraded guns ?

Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Approved Member

Unfortunately you can't edit any of the mission, all you can do is set parameters in the "training" section.

As for firing when in freefall....

You can fire your guns whilst damaged a lot (holes in wings, oil on windscreen) but once you'e been shot down then thats it,your effectively out of the fight until you respawn.

Don't worry about parachutes either they do no harm or damage to your plane. Nor can you shoot them down.

You'll fInd games on xbox 360, its just about finding them at the right time. I don't know the unlock list from memory, but alot of unlocks are fairly easy to pick up.

In training mode the extra bombs/rockets are pretty useless anyway and serve no purpose.And you can't use any of you unlocks in the single player campaign or in single missions
Old 12-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

k thanks. good to know.

Any word on them increasing the options in Training mode for BoS ? wow I can't wait for that game.