Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

and i tried a custom layout.....does anyone know the trim for that?? if i could find that setting it would begin to make it easier for me...

Last edited by Yoxford Boy; 11-27-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

Sorry bud, but I set my Thustmaster at "Thrustmaster 1" in settings, and use that as a base for moving a cpl of functions; like rockets and bomb-buttons. I like to keep it simple. Never found out or felt the need to customise beyond that. That said... I tried once, but it ended in a mess...
Old 11-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAV View Post
Hi Olife.

I use the layout number 3.
On this trim tab is arrow down. (dircectional arrows, left side)

Wonder how you guess fly so f_ck´n great without trimming your plane
thanks for advice bro!very kind from u!
and thx a lot for compliments but by god!!u are a super killer too!!u and Mcq59,the deadly norwegian connection!!!

see u in the sky bro!

friendly
olife
Old 12-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAV View Post
Hi Olife.

I use the layout number 3.
On this trim tab is arrow down. (dircectional arrows, left side)

Wonder how you guess fly so f_ck´n great without trimming your plane
hi guys, maybe it could be usefull, if you feel it isn't, please don't flame me

If somebody need to trim in PS3 AVIATOR LAYOUT, the button is X. ( if i do remember well lol )

SETTING TRIM: while holding the stick in the desired position ( i.e., pulling it or pushing it ) click on X, the trim is ON and then you can release the stick, moving it into neutral position. Plane elevators surface will get the force you applied on the stick before releasing it. Found this usefull while approach landing or to keep plane fly straight while WEPping.

TRIM TO ZERO: just move the stick again and the trim will goes in neutral position. It might be another way to set trim to zero but i dont know. ( maybe tapping again X while having stick neutral? I have to try... )

For further information about trimming, keep reading, otherwise skip to the next post

Keep it mind how and what trims basically does: "Trim tabs are small surfaces connected to the trailing edge of a larger control surface on a boat or aircraft, used to control the trim of the controls, i.e. to counteract hydro- or aero-dynamic forces and stabilise the boat or aircraft in a particular desired attitude without the need for the operator to constantly apply a control force. This is done by adjusting the angle of the tab relative to the larger surface." ( from wikipedia )

I been using trim several time during my real flights, it's very important to reduce stress on the stick.

I think they're useless in combat, specially turn fights, or situation where you need to change direction and ailerons configuration quickly and evetytime forces around the plane changes quickly. Some real plane stick trim automatically set to zero as soon as you move the stick backward/frontward, ASK 21 glider trim was working like this. They're good to counteract constant forces, like winds, constant climbs, constant dives, runaway approach with side wind tought.

Have fun!