Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

Default The Battle of Britain Historical Missions For Realistic Players (PS3)

OK gents,

With 14 confirmed participants, The Battle of Britain realistic historical series will kick off on Sunday, October 23rd with chat invites going out around 10:20pm EST. If there are any other forum dwellers who play during that time, you are welcome to join in as well. Simply post here and send me a friend invite via PSN so I can add you to the message lists for updates! All participants will need the following planes:

Luftwaffe:
- He 111 H-3 (The H-3 will be the only 111 available with the year set to 1940, so this one is critical.)
- Ju 87 B-2 (same as He 111 H-3)
- Bf 110 C-4
- Bf 109 E-3

RAF:
- Blenheim Mk.IV
- Hurricane Mk.II
- Spitfire Mk.II

For any who might not know, the He 111 H-3 is unlocked by winning 5 Strike missions while using the Bf 109 E-3. The Bf 110 is unlocked for completing The Battle of Britain Single Mission, In the Crosshairs. The remainder of the planes are unlocked by completing various missions throughout The Battle of Britain Campaign Missions. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask! Take care guys and I'll see you in the clouds!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

This is just reminder that The Battle of Britain Realistic Series will begin this Sunday (23rd) at 10:30pm EST. I will send chat invites out, starting around 10:20pm and will plan to start things up around 10:40pm to give any late stragglers a chance to get in. As I said in one of my PSN updates, we currently have over 16 people who have either confirmed their participation or voiced interest, so please be on time as only the first 16 people to join the chat will be able to command the skies over Britain! Take care and I'll see you all Sunday!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

I know I'm a little late with this, but I'd like to thank everyone who turned out on Sunday's opening missions for a good turn out of 13 participants! I say this all the time, but regardless of how much time and effort I put into developing these missions, it would all be for nothing without the people to play with! Thanks again and I hope we can keep up the good turnout for tonight and the remainder of the series!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

Hey guys,

FYI - Last nights BoB session was postponed to tonight (28th)! Hope to see you all, take care!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

Default Erprobungsgruppe attack on Manston

Just like to say the historical last night (when we finally made it happen) was in my opinion the best CTA I have played in. The guys flying the 110s did a great job, and the match up with the Blenheims was epic. You can repeat that one anytime you want. Great job.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Thanks man! This was one of the 3 new missions I added to the original 15! I found this battle in a book that I didn't have when I did this series the first time and I just knew I had to add this mission in somehow to the current series. I naturally decided on a custom mission for this and had been looking forward to doing this mission even before I had worked out all the details, lol! I hated it took us 3 or 4 attempts to get it done, but yeah the final match was well worth it! I honestly thought that it would be alot harder for the 110s to knock the Blenheims off the airfield which is why I originally disallowed the bombs. However theory doesn't always follow practice, but we got it right in the end, lol! I do plan on asking the group if they'd like to try this one out again since some people missed out on the final match! I'll send out a message and we'll set it up for one of our off nights when the most people can participate!

Again, I'm glad you enjoyed it as since I did the Stalingrad series, I've been trying to add at least one custom mission to each series as a way to find new ways to play the same types of missions. When I knew we were going to re-do the BoB, I knew this would be my chance to go back and add one to this series as well! If you haven't seen the thread yet, I posted up the setup for last nights custom in case you or anyone else wanted to do it again on their own time if you'd like!

Take care man and I hope to see you tomorrow night!

Last edited by RuffMonk; 11-02-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Hey guys,

There is apparently a huge 14 hour maintenance scheduled on PSN for today and so in light of this, if PSN isn't up by 10:30pm EST, then we will play the final 2 missions of the Battle of Britain series on Friday (18th) at our usual time. The Manston Assault mission will be pushed to Saturday (19th) at the same time. However, there is a slim chance that I may not be on in time on Saturday to do the Manston mission and so if I am not online by 10:30pm EST on Saturday, then we'll set this for Sunday (20th).
Old 11-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

I'd just like to take the time to say thank you to all the participants in my Battle of Britain series!!! I had fun flying with and against you all as I hope each everyone of you did as well! I look forward to bringing the series to a final close tonight (10:30pm EST) with the Manston Assault custom mission and starting up new challenges with the Battle of Stalingrad! Take care guys and thanks once again for a fun and memorable historical series!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffMonk View Post
I'd just like to take the time to say thank you to all the participants in my Battle of Britain series!!! I had fun flying with and against you all as I hope each everyone of you did as well! I look forward to bringing the series to a final close tonight (10:30pm EST) with the Manston Assault custom mission and starting up new challenges with the Battle of Stalingrad! Take care guys and thanks once again for a fun and memorable historical series!!!
Thank you Sir for taking time end effort to set up all this!!!

I was talking to my on-line buddy who plays sim most of the time and he seems to be interested in this so he might join us tonight if that is OK?

Take care,

PSN: PlaviKit
Old 11-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Approved Member

Yes, of course he can join! The more the merrier, just tell him to be there on time in case we have 16 or more show up!