Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:44 AM
Approved Member

Default Flight Adventure 2

I Was looking through the Indie games on xbox live and I came across this hidden gem, Its a P-51D freeflight/racing sim. At first I thought it would be a very simplified flying racing game simalar to SKYDRIFT, but wow was I wrong, Its much more like Sim mode on BoP (except without the stalls). The graphics are amazing for an Indie game, and it only costs 240mp! I Highly recomend it.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 10-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

where are the guns popey mini bucket just found it for me i'll check it out.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

SWEET find, Pope! besides the great paint job on the 51 ( that's Tommy Haye's Frenesi ...although the rudder should be yellow) it looks like a lot of fun. its a sure buy for me. thanks!

PS there is flight adventure ( the original ) on there as well for the same price. its a sim flight game like ms flight sim.

Last edited by bobbysocks; 10-08-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:58 AM
Approved Member

I just downloaded this and I have to say, I'm impressed! Finally a decent flight game that isn't a glorified first person shooter wrapped up in fancy graphics and a bloated price tag. And it's an Indie game too! Gotta love that, stick it to The Man!

This is a perfect example of why I like this forum. I probably would have missed this little bargain if y'all hadn't recommended it. Thanks Pope.

BTW it seems to work resonably well with the Av8r flight stick, except that the rudders are backwards LoL
Old 10-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

I was playing multiplayer yesterday evening hosting and joining random games when I came across a chap that obviously knew what he was doing. We flew in quite a tight formation across the main island (which was beautifull) and then had a race on the desert coarse (which I won and set my fastest time ) So after the game finished I sent him a message saying good flight and he replied with a very nice message Thanking me for flying with him and letting me know that he was one of the two guys that developed the game!! He called me a pro aswell

So ive told him about this thread and how much Ive recommended his game to the BoP community. Its just a shame the PS3 users can't play this aswell

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 10-09-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

Awesome find Pope, and great story. I wish this was on the PS3, maybe you could hint it to him in a message!

It would be great fun if BOP had a race mode as well.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

was inspired bu pope's find and started to seach air war, air combat, etc... and this indie game came up as well...and only for 80 MP.

air combat: desert aces. looks arcadish butsome something different. i havent had a chance to try any of them to see how they work with my stick. here's a couple videos.. the first shows different views and ac

http://www.xblaratings.com/component...at-desert-aces

this must have been one of the first vids or reviews

Last edited by bobbysocks; 10-09-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

Just tried the free demo versions of both "Air Legends" and "Air Combat Desert Aces". Both had zero flight physics and were totally arcadey as you might expect, no surprise there. The real surprise continues to be Pope's Flight Adventure 2. Amazing that a handful of independant gamers can produce something that flies as nice and looks as pretty as this. It's far from perfect, of coarse, but for this price you really can't beat it. Most of the big name high dollar "flight sims" (I'm beginning to hate that phrase) aren't any where near as good. Go figure.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Approved Member

did you try the original flight adventure? its made by the same guys...and looks promising for just free flight and practicing landings. looks like you fly around in a 152 or tomahawk looking ac.. air legends looked pretty hokie...and air combat i wasnt exspecting much. but both of these look rather interesting.

Last edited by bobbysocks; 10-09-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Approved Member

Hi Bobby

Havn't tried Flight Adventure 1 yet, just couldn't get interested in flying around in a single engine trainer LoL But now after seeing what a good job they did with version 2, I just might give the FA 1 demo a try