Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: What Russian plane should be used for this Tournament?
I-16 type 24 10 31.25%
YAK (all variants) 22 68.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Approved Member

Default "The Gruesome Twosome Tournament" - 2vs2 SIM ONLY (PS3 & XBOX)

Updates!!!!

Reporting Results

PS3 - Please remember (both Flight Leaders of a match, only)
* attach screenshot of results and add the following info:
1. Home Team vs Visitor Team (names)
2. Planes used for all players
(read the rules for more info about the selection of planes)

Xbox - Report by sending the following info to Robotic Pope
A. take a photo of the match results and add:
1. Home Team vs Visitor Team (names)

or

B. Write down and send the following info:
1. Home Team vs Visitor Team (names), include their deaths, and "scored" kills.
3. Map Used
4. Final Ticket Score, example: 286 - 290

Regarding the Rules: changes

* XBOX - HUD rule is optional
* PS3 - no changes

Disengagement rule is now optional because it may not always be the most convenient option for the wingmanless pilot, for example if you are on your enemy's six and he is after your wingman and he gets to shoot down your wingman but you now have a clear shot to avenge your partner, the disengagement rule will not allow this and it may create frustration and conflict, that is what I believe. So if we make this optional then the player will have to decide if continues the chase to avenge or disengages and regroups before his target's wingman comes to assist. The signal for wanting to disengage after your wingman is down will be to lower your landing gear and wiggle your wings, if attacked while in this situation please report

(As soon as your wingman is shot down you either continue fighting or immediately lower your landing gear, wiggle your wings, and fly towards your Base to regroup with your partner. Obviously, you cant use this to escape every time you feel threatened. Its just for that, and every, immediate moment after you loose your partner.

So: If you decide to avenge your downed wingman and go against 2 enemy planes and you are able to shoot down one of theirs, then, the wingman of your downed victim is now able to decide if he wants to continue fighting 1v1 or disengage and regroup instead, (By this time, though, one of the previously downed planes will probably be near the dogfight zone and able to assist). You decide.)
* Tournament will now be Group Stage + Eliminatory Stage
+ Win= 3 points, Draw= 1 point, Loss = 0 points.
+ There will be 2 Groups of 3 Teams, the first place of each group will fight for the "Gruesome Twosome" title in the Final
+ Stats will be added: Group Position will depend on the following order: Points, Kills, least amount of Deaths. (remember that your team's kills will be the total amount of deaths of your enemies only, not the computer scored kills)

==================

Hi everyone,

Its me again, I recently got a message from MAC to see about creating a new Tournament before the release of Birds of Steel and help some us ease the torture of waiting for 2012 sequel.

This new tournament will be the first we create as a 2vs2 competition, It would be a little gathering in honor of the game that has given us many hours of fun and has brought us together as the great community that we now are.

Concept

* 2vs2 Eliminatory Tournament
* 8 teams max (16 players) "needs discussion"
* Rules will be similar to those of Ace of Aces Tournaments, small changes will take place in order to adapt a 2vs2 system
* This will be a fast tournament "FLASH" it is intended to last only 3 weeks, with a total of 13 games. (It will start in the Quarter Finals)
- each team will play their opponents twice (2 games per week for each team, one in home map, the other in away map)
- Final will take place in random map and will be a single but longer match
* Planes allowed: I-16 type 24 vs Yaks (please vote)
* 20 minute matches (Final will be 30 minutes)
* All maps are allowed
* Loadout - limited fuel/ammo
* P-51 Club Rules (light): NO HUD, Cockpit View only (thats how much we trust each other )
* and ofcourse like all of our past tournaments this will be a SIM only Tournament
- Again, this is just for the pure fun of it, the only prize will be the recognition from your us virtual pilots.

'The Gruesome Twosome' - 2 vs 2 Tournament, RULES IN ENGLISH - (Version 1.0)
(Updated by MAC)

RULES : (Violating these will result in defeat)

* Prior to tournament start all players have to form teams of two and chose a name for their team
* Each team has to nominate a wing leader and a wing man; the wing leader will be responsible for communication with the tournament's organizers and other teams
* The leader is also responsible for his team's discipline - in game however, teams are completely free to assign tasks as they wish
* All participants, please, be respectful, be fair, fly with honor
* This is especially important for the elements of the tournament that are solely dependent on gentlemen's agreement (see further down for CRL)
* Throughout a match, there are two alternating game phases, which are important to be understood: 1. the engagement phase and 2. the disengagement phase
* During the engagement phase, teams are allowed to attack the other team by any means available; this includes ramming
* During the disengagement phase, it is prohibited to attack or pursue an adversary; this includes ramming
* Detailed explanation about disengaging further down in the 'MAPS and Disengagement Rule' section
* Landings are not allowed, the only way to refuel or rearm is to crash
* All teams must choose and post their "Home" map (their favorite map)
* No rockets allowed
* Bombs are allowed only if a player thinks that the extra weight helps his plane's performance, however, bombs are never to be released (otherwise this is a Rules violation)
* All matches are played in Club Rules Light (CRL), which means all players must remain in cockpit view and without HUD at all times, without exception
* All players and teams have to visit the first two posts of the tournament thread regularly for any news or updates, as they will be used as Bulletin Boards
* The objective of the Tournament is to make your opponent's team suffer higher losses than your team (within the rules); it is irrelevant whether a kill or a crash is registered (check scoring section for more info)
* Ramming an opponent during an engagement phase (for whatever reason) is explicitly allowed

- Important -
CONNECTIVITY ISSUES
Following suggestions regarding connectivity issues:

• Before a match, all players should meet in text chat to prepare for the game
• The player with the strongest connection should always set up the game, 
irrespective of whether he or his team is the host of the match or not; players should discuss and agree on that in chat
• The host team is the team whose 'home map' will be used. The host team also has the right to chose side 'A' or 'B', and weather
• if a game is interrupted by a connection error, it should be repeated
• if however a team suspects that the connection error was caused on purpose to gain unfair advantage,
the team can refuse to repeat the game and call for a referee game by contacting the organizers
• referees are assigned by the organizers of the tournament
• they are players with strong internet connection who are trusted and will host the referee games
• they will chose a bomber and retreat to a corner of the map during the game as to not interfere with the gameplay
• upon completion of the game, they will take the screenshot of the final results and forward to the organizers
• the organizers of the tournament reserve the right to exclude any player from the tournament
who is repeatedly found in violation of the rules or of unfair behavior

SETTINGS: (Matches will have to be repeated in case of any violations to these)

* Simulation mode only
* Map: teams must post their favorite map as soon as possible as this will become their Home map. The Host team will have the advantage of selecting either side A or B. (check Maps section below for a complete list and explanation of the maps)
* Strike Mode: the match will be played in Strike mode. Every crash equals a death. Also, it allows each player to respawn at their corresponding base
* Time Limit: All matches except for the final will be 20 minutes. The Finals will be set to 30 minutes
* Weather: Host team can choose any of Clear, good, and Hazy
* Respawn Time: Set this to 5 seconds (check Maps section for more info)
* Time of day: Host team can choose any except Night
* loadout: limited ammo and fuel only
* Aircraft allowed: To be determined (vote between: I-16 and YAKs)

MAPS and Disengagement Rule

* There are a total of 8 maps, each team has to chose one as their "Home" map, once chosen this will not be changed throughout the tournament
* All 8 maps are shown further down; everything in green represents side A, and everything in red represents side B
* When, at any point throughout the match, whether by enemy contact or by accident, an aircraft crashes or is shot down, all hostilities must stop immediately and a disengagement phase sets in
* During a disengagement phase, all players must fly away from any opponent's position on the map (red dots) to such distance until the red dots have disappeared from the map
* The disengagement phase is over when the team member CLOSEST to the enemy's respawn position doesn't have ANY opponents' red dots on HIS map any longer
* This means that the team member FURTHEST away from the opponent's respawn point can not use his map's indications to determine that the disengagement phase is over; he has to wait for either a voice confirmation from his team member, or for signs of a course reversal of his team member on the map before moving again in the direction of the enemy's respawn position; he may however hover at the point where he stopped seeing the red dots on the map
* It is advisable that teams use the disengagement phase to reestablish visual contact with their team members and form up as a team again; this is however not mandatory
* Once the disengagement phase is over, all players are free to maneuver as they wish and engage the enemy
* To keep disengagement phases as short as possible, respawn time shall be set to 5 Seconds

GAMEPLAY:

* Flash Tournament, No group phase, but tournament start is in the 'Quarter Finals'
* Quarter Final pairings will be established randomly, by a procedure which will be published
* All pairings quarter finals upwards will play each other twice, each team will once be Host and once be Guest
* all matches to be set to 20 minutes duration, except for the Finals, which will be 30 minute matches
* the accumulated result of both matches will determine the winner of each pairing
* the winning team will proceed to the next stage of the tournament or will have won the tournament (final), the losing team will be eliminated

MATCHES AND SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY (important to read)

* The Wing Leader of the winning team is responsible for submitting the results to edal86 after a match. This also applies if a team gives up during a match, and leaves the match without asking raising a dispute (this applies if both players of a team withdraw; if one stays to fight till the end, it is not a withdrawal). In this case the match is counted as a defeat against the team which has given up. The 'winner' of such a match is also responsible to submit the intermediate results to edal86 with a remark: 'Win by withdrawal'. On the PS3, to save and submit the results, press the PS button, (Don't hold it down though) then scroll left to camera menu, and there is an option to take a screenshot. It will then be saved to your HD. Use this to take a snapshot of the "Match Results". Then, attach it to a PSN message along with the following: "name of host team" vs "name of visitor team". Finally, send the PSN Message to edal86. (No Screenshot = Invalid Match)

NOTE: XBOX360 Players, please submit a procedure which will apply to you!

* Teams will have about a week to complete and submit their scheduled matches. During this time it is the Wing leader's responsibility to coordinate with this Wingman and the other team's Wing Leader to agree on a time and day for the matches
* Communication is vital, if a team doesn't answer to a match challenge during the given time, it will automatically forfeit. However, if a team knows in advance that it will not be able to play during the given time frame, please contact edal86 and / or your opponent as soon as possible
* A new schedule will be posted regularly
* The "weekly" schedule will indicate your next opponent team, do not wait until the last minute to complete and submit your matches

DISPUTES:

* In case there is a dispute about the application of the rules during a match, the team suffering from the rule breaking of the other team can decide to interrupt the match and bring the breaking of rules to the attention of the other team via text chat
* If however the team suffering the rule breaking of the other team decides to play on (for example due to tactical reasons, because they are in the lead), they forfeit their chance to call a dispute about it later on
* In most cases, after an interruption of a match has occurred, teams should be able to come to an understanding how to deal with the rule breaking
* the team guilty of breaking the rules should in principle accept defeat in this match; the other team however can decline this and invite for a rematch
* In most cases the teams should be able to bring disputes to a conclusion with the mentioned methods
* However if the teams can not find an amicable solution to their problem they should bring it to the attention of the tournament's organizers who will decide on any steps to be taken

SCORING:

* Please observe the following:
- In order to win a match, a team must have less deaths than their adversary at the end of the 20 minute / 30 minute duel
- In case both teams have the same amount of deaths at the end of the match, then the match will be considered a draw
- If after two matches neither team has won more matches than the other (e.g. 0:0 or 1:1), the outcome of the stage will be determined by the tie breaker rule
- the tie breaker is determined by the number of deaths per team. In case of a tie in the number of deaths, the tie breaker will fall to the team with the least amount of Kills, in case of a tie in the number of Kills then the tie breaker will be determined by an additional match which the tournament's organisers will call for. This will be another 20/30 minute match between the two teams on a random map, excluding the home maps of both teams, and random weather; this will be repeated as often as necessary until a winner is established either by a clear result or by the application of the tie breaker rule
- Stage winners proceed to the next round, losers are eliminated
- The winners of the Finals win the tournament and carry away the title 'The Gruesome Twosome'

*** The organizers of the tournament reserve the right to exclude any player from the tournament who is repeatedly found in violation of the rules or of unfair behavior

*** All rules apply to every single participant including the organizers, No rule will be bent for NO ONE

- edal

Last edited by edal86; 10-28-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

Default reserved for data

Dont worry, I will make everything look better when I have time :S

Last edited by edal86; 10-31-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Brilliant initiative Edal (& MAC)
I'd love to take part.

Connection ratio: Down 14 mbit/sec - up 2,4 mbit/sec

Last edited by McQ59; 11-01-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Approved Member

Good one Edal,

Very happy you've taken this up once again. Since it's such a small tournament and most likely we'll know each other well enough for it, how about making this a CRL (Club Rules Light) affair - i.e. cockpit only, limited fuel and ammo, no HUD. It makes a world of difference for a quality game, but of course we'd only have each other's word for it.

As for airplane types, I'm for the I-16 only. It's a fun plane and Russian too, so this way we'd honor the devs a bit.

What do you all think?

MAC

P.S.: Mage, if you have time I'd love us to form a team.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

Smile Now this is good errr great

Pretty sure trvrgunning and myself will be interested to join. I must touch bases with him. Are you sure its not called a flash tournemant because that's about all we see when you aces pass by? Hopefully you will finish with one of you superbrawls. Pencil in WalterNowotny and Trvrgunning.Thanks again for commiting the time and effort to put this together.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post
Good one Edal,

Very happy you've taken this up once again. Since it's such a small tournament and most likely we'll know each other well enough for it, how about making this a CRL (Club Rules Light) affair - i.e. cockpit only, limited fuel and ammo, no HUD. It makes a world of difference for a quality game, but of course we'd only have each other's word for it.

As for airplane types, I'm for the I-16 only. It's a fun plane and Russian too, so this way we'd honor the devs a bit.

What do you all think?

MAC

P.S.: Mage, if you have time I'd love us to form a team.
hello aces!!!

count with me!!

yes i'm agree to honored the devs with the i16!!!!great idea !!!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Approved Member

Edal, Do you think we can run a parallel xbox version of this tournament? I'd be willing to do the organising part and results management of the xbox side if you could give me some of your expierence from your past events on what to do.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 09-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Approved Member

Default Great concept

Hey Edal/Mac

Great initiativ, count me and McQ in as 331 SQD in.

Last edited by KAV; 09-25-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Approved Member

As for planes of choice I go for the P51's. That makes it possible to have a choice by favorite. I am a bit afraid that the I16's tends to send us in to a very tight furball of turn&burn. My 2 cents...
I am all for the CRL and the cockpit-view
Old 09-26-2011, 02:56 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Thanks for the support!!

Seems that we can begin to plan and schedule this tournament then

I would like for this Tournament to begin on October 23rd (Sunday), that leaves a little less than a month to recruit the players needed and organize everything.

Replies

MAC,
I like your idea to honor the Devs by making this an I-16 only competition, but also, as someone else posted above, this might inevitably make it a turn n burn craziness (which I dont really mind). How about we honor the Devs as well as the dedicated followers of the P-51 Club by allowing both the I-16 (no rockets) and the P-51? This may turn into something interesting since tactics for these planes are complete opposites. Also, having a Light P-51 Club rules (cockpit view only, no HUD) is impossible to implement and verify so lets leave it to a vote.

Robotic Pope,
It would be an honor to host a parallel tournament for you Xbox pilots, the only problem that I see really is finding a way to report the match results since you guys dont have the screenshot option. As for the "crash, no kill" problem this is easily solved by our Tournament's rules since all crashes count as deaths. All I need is that you commit to recruiting players that you know are trustworthy and that you collect the match results and submit them to me. Please keep it a 16 player max tournament. We will be in contact.

Requirements

1. Please vote by posting
2. Post your PSN/Xbox gamertag if you wish to participate (we will worry about teams later)