Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Approved Member

Default CTA.....Ground strafe kill is "Ground Target " kill ??

Guy's..... need your help......have searched the threads but cant find reference to it anyware.... in online CTA.....does an enemy aircraft stopped on the ground count as a kill towards "Ground "target unlock challanges ???

I have 2 trophy's to go before Plat and want to do this pre March before BoS release . I have just IL2M and B17 stike unlocks to go..... Now it took a long time crashing an La7 into ground targets to get 100kg bomb unlock.....IL2M will need 4 ground tagets killed and 6 online wins to get full unlock.... all this with small bomb / rocket.. BUT..... I have never used I-16 in strike... only early CTA Arcade school yard fisty cuff's...... But I have unlocked all weapon's bomb combo's and must only have been players aircraft on the ground...... or am I wrong ??

I would like to achieve this during online play only.... however...take an IL2 into Realistic CTA is not exactly cricket..... Guy's please accept aplogies in advance if the answer is yes to above.... !!! . Just love me in the morning !

Old 12-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBoar44 View Post
Guy's..... need your help......have searched the threads but cant find reference to it anyware.... in online CTA.....does an enemy aircraft stopped on the ground count as a kill towards "Ground "target unlock challanges ???

I have 2 trophy's to go before Plat and want to do this pre March before BoS release . I have just IL2M and B17 stike unlocks to go..... Now it took a long time crashing an La7 into ground targets to get 100kg bomb unlock.....IL2M will need 4 ground tagets killed and 6 online wins to get full unlock.... all this with small bomb / rocket.. BUT..... I have never used I-16 in strike... only early CTA Arcade school yard fisty cuff's...... But I have unlocked all weapon's bomb combo's and must only have been players aircraft on the ground...... or am I wrong ??

I would like to achieve this during online play only.... however...take an IL2 into Realistic CTA is not exactly cricket..... Guy's please accept aplogies in advance if the answer is yes to above.... !!! . Just love me in the morning !

Hey WildBoar44,

The easiest way, IMHO, is to park IL-2 next to a bunker, really close, but not too close, and use it's mighty Ms and Cs. Then taxi to the next one and do the same thing. Oh yes, use Berlin strike map for that.

Good luck,

PSN: PlaviKit
Old 12-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

Ground Target = Bunker/Ship

The two I-16 ground target weapon unlocks are not plane specific, so you unlocked them the first ever two times you destoyed a ground target in Birds of Prey online.

The absolute best way is to get a friend in a B-17 with 2000lbers to drop two bombs on each target, follow behind him and attack the same target and you will find one bomb or a salvo of rockets will finish the job and the target will explode, move on to the next and repeat. With some B-17 help I raced through the La-7, P-51D and IL-2m weapons unlocks (and thats pre patch unlock amounts)

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 12-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Approved Member

Hoefully we've got that sorted for you mate with tonight's mammoth session!!!
We'll finish off the stragglers next time your on.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Hoefully we've got that sorted for you mate with tonight's mammoth session!!!
We'll finish off the stragglers next time your on.
Job's a good un....as they say.......... thanks to you Gilly , Davedog74 and Andy....... all IL2M's weapons unlocked ..... sound advice Guy's....just hitch a ride behind a B17 and mop them targets up ... lol.

How on earth you unlock those realtime in a strike match must take an age..!!

Mind you..... listening to Andy curse F*** , F***, Oh crashed again flying a Fw190 made me chuckle during those sessions...!!

One strange thing though...... Invited two players in (and won) but still not got" Commrade in Arms" trophy...... I was not the host.....??

Old 12-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

One strange thing though...... Invited two players in (and won) but still not got" Commrade in Arms" trophy...... I was not the host.....??

@WildBoar; Be sure your Commrades respond to and get in via the invite, and not directly in lobby. That said... there has been reported certain glitches on this one.

Anyway: Good work Wild! And a merry xmas as a 100%'er