Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:39 AM
Approved Member

Default I bought a new rig and need to mod my HOTAS Cougar. Please help.

Hi, I want to floor mount the base of my HOTAS Cougar and have the handle up between my legs like it should be in a WWII fighter.

But I can't figure out what kind of connection the Cougar uses. When you screw of the joystick, it would be easy to have a section of pipe made and curved and the base put on the floor. But I can't figure out what kind of connection is used. It looks like a PS2 connection, but I tried a PS2 extension cable and it won't fit.

Does anybody know what kind of connection is used to connect the HOTAS Cougar/Warthog to its base? They both use the same connection.

thanks
Old 10-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

Can't help you with the connection, sorry. I think you would also have a problem with the amount of torque a long stick would have on the base and the workings inside. Even gentle force against the stop of an axis would be the same as very agressive force on a regular standard lenth stick and parts would wear and fail very quickly.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 10-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

Yeah understood, but others have done this mod with plastic Logitech joysticks and have used them for years. The cougar is all metal and built like a tank so it would be able to take it. Nobody know what connection is on the bottom of the Cougar?
Old 10-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

Is this the plug you are talking about?

http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/faqhardware.php

Check this site to for modding.

http://www.wingsofhonour.com/hardwar...090718.en.html
Old 10-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Approved Member

Negative, I'm speaking of the connector at the base of the actual flight stick. You unscrew the large grey nut, and the flight stick comes right off. Looks like a PS2 connection, actually looks exactly like a PS2 connection but my PS2 extension doesn't fit it so its not a PS2 connection.

Just need a way to span the distance between the base, which you have pictured, and the flight stick. They connect right at the base of the stick portion.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

Its probably a customised PS2 connection then. Designed so you can't plug in anything other than the intended stick.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 12-17-2011, 03:34 AM
Approved Member

I guess I'll just span the distance by soldering wires from the base to the stick. I have no other choice. ugh