Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Approved Member

Default The Battle of Stalingrad Historical Missions For Realistic Players (PS3)

OK gents,

Since the response to my PSN message was good, as promised, I'm gearing up for The Battle of Stalingrad realistic historical series! Operations are set to commence the Sunday after Thanksgiving (Nov. 27th). As usual, if there are any other forum dwellers who play around 10:30pm EST, you are welcome to join in as well. Simply post here and send me a friend invite via PSN so I can add you to the message lists for updates! All participants will need the following planes:

Luftwaffe:
- He 111 (any variant)
- Ju 87 (any variant)
- Bf 109 E-3, F-4, G-2 (the G-6 and G-10 will be available, but will not be used!)
- M.C. 202

VVS (Voenno-Vozdushnye Sily, Soviet Air Force):
- IL-4
- IL-2, 2M (bombs and/or rockets unlocked)
- I-153
- I-16
- Yak 1B, 9T

First, the IL-4 tends to be the one plane that most people don't have. To unlock this plane you simply need 2 CTA wins while using the Yak 1B. For any who might need the unlock, let me know and I'll be more than glad to help you.

Second and this is VERY important! For those that did not do the Stalingrad series with my arcade group, I CANNOT stress enough the importance of knowing where the airfields are for this series! There are 7 airfields on this map of which only 2 can be identified with the 2 CTA maps that are available for Stalingrad online. There are a BUNCH of missions for this series that rely on knowing where any given airfield is to have a chance to win. I'll be swapping sides, flying with the team that will be bombing to help with navigation, leaving the defending side to their own devices! I STRONGLY suggest that participants familiarize themselves with the 5 other locations. To help you, I'll be more than willing to do in-game tours when I'm available or you can check the below link to another forum thread detailing this very subject.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...locales&page=2

Post #12 actually has thumbs of 5 of the airfields with post #13 giving direction to a 6th. For the 7th and final airfield, click on the 2nd thumb and a little ways south of Gumrak, there is one more there!

Again, as any of the arcade guys will tell you, knowing at least the general area of these airfields will help you IMMENSELY!!!

Anyway, take care guys and I'll see you in the skies!

Last edited by RuffMonk; 12-12-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

These maps show the general locations and names of all the airfields. I like to keep them on my iPod for quick reference while flying.

StiC
Old 11-20-2011, 03:29 AM
Approved Member

Thanks man! Nice and big too, lol!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

Hey guys,

Just a quick heads up that I'm pushing the start date for Stalingrad back one more day to begin on Monday the 28th at 10pm EST (not 10:30) instead of Sunday for just this first night! Chat invites will go out around 10pm and I want to start up by 10:30pm, so please be on time! Take care and have a happy Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

Hey guys,

Just a reminder that the Battle of Stalingrad is set to commence Monday night (28th) at 10:00pm EST. We'll also have a back-to-back gathering with our second night set for Tuesday (29th) at our usual 10:30pm EST. Looking forward to the start of another fun series tomorrow night!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Approved Member

Hey guys,

Just a reminder that we'll be gathering tonight (16th) one hour earlier than usual at 9:30pm EST instead of our usual time. Take care and I'll see you all tonight!