Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

Default another rookie pilot

I've always fancied having a go at a flight sim, when I found out about Il2 on PS3 I thought it sounded great to play a flight sim and have the combat as well.

I am playing BOP on PS3, took me ages to figure out how to optomise my joystick. Steep learning curve but I think I understand a bit more about dead zones and non-linearity now.

Once I got the stick sorted, I really fancied trying BOP in sim mode. So got through all tutorials and unlocked simulator. I have been practicing just flying around in simulator, and can just about avoid crashing... even managed to land a few times, mostly the hard way!

The feeling of actually flying a high performance prop fighter is remarkable, realism greatly aided by the fantastic environment visuals. For me definitely the best virtual flying experience so far.

Few bugs, I think other folks get. No zoom in sim mode for custom joystick layout. Had to choose between using 4th axis for either x axis camera look or yaw, chose camera look since I think without this I won't survive the dog fights when I get good enough to fly combat.

What a fantastic acheivement from Madox.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

Awesome and welcome to the forum. There is a lot of knowledgeable and great people here.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefin View Post
I've always fancied having a go at a flight sim, when I found out about Il2 on PS3 I thought it sounded great to play a flight sim and have the combat as well.

I am playing BOP on PS3, took me ages to figure out how to optomise my joystick. Steep learning curve but I think I understand a bit more about dead zones and non-linearity now.

Once I got the stick sorted, I really fancied trying BOP in sim mode. So got through all tutorials and unlocked simulator. I have been practicing just flying around in simulator, and can just about avoid crashing... even managed to land a few times, mostly the hard way!

The feeling of actually flying a high performance prop fighter is remarkable, realism greatly aided by the fantastic environment visuals. For me definitely the best virtual flying experience so far.

Few bugs, I think other folks get. No zoom in sim mode for custom joystick layout. Had to choose between using 4th axis for either x axis camera look or yaw, chose camera look since I think without this I won't survive the dog fights when I get good enough to fly combat.

What a fantastic acheivement from Madox.
hello!

welcome here!!

happy to see a other virtual pilot in bop skies!!

my psn id : Olife-

friendly
olife
Old 12-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Approved Member

thefin

Welcome to the forum, and to a great gamer community.
I am glad to hear you are in the sim, welcome to the hardcore of BoP
Sim is, in my opinion, the best way to fully enjoy this game.
Feel free to join the sim club, we are on most every night from about 21 gmt.

KAV

PSN:kavorland