Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

Default New Custom Mission for Online Play: Airfield Assault

Hey guys,

I'm back with a brand new custom mission that my realistic group and I did last night, re-creating one of the many airfield raids that took place during the Battle of Britain. Below you will find all the information you'll need to set up the mission including some tweaks I have already incorporated to make the mission a little better. Though we had 14 for last nights run, the setup will be for 11 which is usually our typical turnout.

Manston Assault Mission
For our purposes last night, we were recreating a raid on Manston airfield executed by Hauptmann (Captain) Walter Rubensdoerffer's Bf 110s of II./ErpG 210. With the fighters normally stationed there scrambled to a dogfight over Dover, this group of Bf 110s took advantage of the situation and came upon Manston virtually unnoticed and uncontested. The defense of the airfield fell to the ground crews who manned the 40mm Bofor guns and the parked Blenheim crews of 600 squadron who manned the gun turrets of their aircraft.

Date: August 14th
Year: 1940
Time: Day (1300 hrs.)
Mission: Capture Airfield
Weather: Good
Time Limit: 30 minutes
Note: Limited ammo is recommended for this mission as well as a 10 or 15 second respawn.

Luftwaffe (Team B):
5 Bf 110s

RAF (Team A):
6 Blenheims

Note: Teams for this mission should be even, but if an odd number of players are used, then the RAF should get the advantage.

Objective:
- The RAF team must end the game still in control of Manston airfield to win the game. If the airfield is neutral or in Luftwaffe control when the game ends, then the Luftwaffe team wins the game.

Mission Rules:
- The RAF team will be given up to 10 minutes to claim the airfield.

- The game will not begin until either the airfield has been claimed or the timer reaches 20 minutes; whichever comes first.

- The Luftwaffe team should remain near their spawn point until the game begins, so as not to trigger defensive fire from the auto-gunners of the Blenheims or to interfere with their landing attempts.

- The RAF team is allowed to use bombs to offset their inability to engage the 110s in a dogfight.

- Intentional ramming is STRICTLY prohibited.

Note: Due to the nature of the objective, points for this mission are ignored for victory determination. Also, the airfield can be lost and recovered throughout the mission as the only thing that matters is whether or not the RAF team has control when either the time runs out or the game ends due to tickets being depleted.

Last edited by RuffMonk; 11-02-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Approved Member

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let the forum dwellers know that I have organised another run for this mission that is set for tomorrow (5th) night at 10:30pm EST! I'm planning on making this open to those outside the historicals group as long as they follow the rules. Please be aware however, that space will be limited as a bunch of the historical guys have already committed and so there won't be many extra spots available! If you are interested, please post a message here or send me one via PSN. Lastly, for those of us in the US, our daylight savings time does not end until 2:00am Saturday night/Sunday morning, so please plan accordingly if you want to join and are already off daylight savings time!

I'll send out chat invites to those in my historical group and any others who I know want to join, starting around 10:20pm EST. If we have over 16 participants, please be aware that the first 16 in the chat will be the only ones able to play! Well take care guys and I'll see you on Saturday!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:12 AM
Approved Member

Hey guys,

I'm sorry to have to do this especially last minute, but I am going to have to postpone the Manston Assault mission for another time! I'll work out another time to do this and post it up when I do! Sorry guys and take care!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

OK gents,

I'm setting this mission up again for this Friday (18th) at our usual time of 10:30pm EST! I'll send chat invites out 10 minutes prior, but I'm planning to start going over the rules at 10:30 sharp! Once the rules are done, we'll jump into a room and let the festivities begin, lol! I want to do 2 run with players switching sides after the first match, so please be sure to have both the Blenheim and Bf 110 unlocked if you're planning to attend! Looking forward to doing this mission again! Take care guys!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

Don't forget to join us tonight as we revisit II./ErpG 210s assault on Manston Airfield! Chat invites will go out at 10:20pm EST and we'll begin at 10:30pm sharp, so please be sure to be on time! Don't forget you'll need both the Blenheim and Bf 110 as we will swap teams after the first mission! Take care and I'll see you tonight!