Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 02-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Approved Member

Default first VIDEO of WOTN!

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/1069...lkthrough.html

looks cool and nice
Old 02-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

I agree, it looks nice but looks of game never was most important aspect for KB series
But what he didnt explain : new medals , wife mage hero had in 2 save file he loaded , what is new with runic magic he only mentioned it , and last but most important he said `We hope to get it out before end of the year` !!!!???!??!?! Dafaug , i hope they joking. WotN was announced 2nd quarter this year - april/may not after 21.12.2012
Old 02-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Approved Member

Yeah thats worrying it will come that late. But well we cant do naything about that
Old 02-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Registered Member

Default explanation

The only one reasonable explanation is that video was done already in 2011 a they hoped the game will be done until 2012. It was said the game will be in early of 2012 and now it should be early 2013? Come on, it's nonsense.. I'm really looking forward WOTN, but one more year? Eh..
Old 02-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

all game companies are delaying as of late

just look at torchlight 2 diablo3 starcraft 2 heart of the swarm etc etc

this bein no exception

what i also wonder is did they remove units?
they put in some new units and said we will see more units of the snowy envoirement

does this mean that some creatures won't make it to WOTN?

and what i also wonder is if they have some new spells or removed some

and also edited some unit skills

and what about the skill tree any differences in that?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

@thufir11 All things mentioned in first announcement for WotN was considering gameplay, new spells, units, items, etc and all that would take me 4-5 days to implement in game with team of professional programers so i wonder wtf are they doing all this time ?

In video 2:30 he mentioned Kings quest, so i guess Royal quest still take lots of 1C time/resources. 3:30 WOW no more pet dragon, but we have Valkyries with 9 rage skills, so nothing new from AP/CW. We want old rage spirits back (( 3:40 `We added brand new section, called runes` nut i`ll use old teleport spell, and leave you wondering what this brand new runic magic actually do. Yea thx allot for info for new things in game announcer. 4:40 small army can be more powerful, but big army gives more cannon fodder ... how is small army stronger if units have no individual exp ??? 6:55 `We have new skills, and other things but i also wont talk about it...` 7:10 you see locations form old Legend, yes we used same location from our old game, so you players can again wonder what are we spending time on, instead releasing this game.

@Razorflame I know about many games getting late to market, but considering diablo3 , sc2 exp . . . they made all new things in game, after watching this video for WotN it looks same as older games so i wonder what are they making new in this game ? I dont think they will remove units, there is no reason for it. Adding new units is logical for northern campaign, and all viking story.

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 02-20-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:35 AM
Approved Member

The guy talking in the video doesn't say anything about 2013. He says they are hoping to get the game out before the end of the year.
Anyways, there is nothing in this video that would justify a whole year delay. 40-50 hours gameplay surely sounds good.

Last edited by Mandea; 02-20-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Approved Member

They just repeated spring 2012 on their facebook site, as I asked about release a few minutes ago.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

It does sound like they are taking their sweet time with what is basically a recolour of previous games with some mechanics twists. It's great to have a long new campaign of King's Bounty, but I do wish for a breath of fresh air, especially with units which look pretty uninspired. And berserk is a talent/ability I'm hardly looking forward to using on my "new" units.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

Great, I haven't played KB for a long time now so I'm looking forward to the first full new campaign since Armored Princess.