Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloblast View Post
Oleg,

Nice water effect and nice boats.

Oleg, I wonder what might happen when aircraft
lands on the water, might it stay afloat for a while?
Yes.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the fantastic update Oleg!

I'm afraid with the high level of detail shown in the sea vessels you're raising our expecations of the level of interaction with them

Can we expect, perhaps not in the first release, the crew of boats to be going around, merrily performing their tasks and scurrying for cover when they're strafed? Maybe even try to take pot shots back at the aircraft? Perhaps wave at friendly aircraft when they fly by? Imagine their shock when they're shot at by friendlies

I can see myself crashing quite a bit as fly around at low level admiring the gorgeous boats. In such a scenario, can we expect to be able to kick out the canopy, struggle up to the surface through the bubbles and contemplate excuses to give the HQ for the crash as we bob in the waves surrounded by the crash debris in our Mae West waiting to be rescued?
Old 11-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

Default Home

Guys,

I'm sorry, I really should run at home.
Last week I was really sick and come in office today to make some news and shots.

I will take a look on Monday this topic. And will answer interesting or these that I can already now answer questions.

Also probably next development update you will see on SimHq. I promised this week, but got unexpected illness.

Till Monday

Last edited by Oleg Maddox; 11-06-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmalik View Post
Thanks for the fantastic update Oleg!

I'm afraid with the high level of detail shown in the sea vessels you're raising our expecations of the level of interaction with them

Can we expect, perhaps not in the first release, the crew of boats to be going around, merrily performing their tasks and scurrying for cover when they're strafed? Maybe even try to take pot shots back at the aircraft? Perhaps wave at friendly aircraft when they fly by? Imagine their shock when they're shot at by friendlies

I can see myself crashing quite a bit as fly around at low level admiring the gorgeous boats. In such a scenario, can we expect to be able to kick out the canopy, struggle up to the surface through the bubbles and contemplate excuses to give the HQ for the crash as we bob in the waves surrounded by the crash debris in our Mae West waiting to be rescued?
Great post airmalik - I agree on all counts. I would also add the possibility of crew jumping overboard when under attack or even just when buzzed by a very low friendly. Now that would be fun!!

PPanPan
Old 11-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

The little fishing boat reminds me of the one in the movie "Guns Of Navarone". Great update.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Guys,

I'm sorry, I really should run at home.
Last week I was really sick and come in office today to make some news and shots.

I will take a look on Monday this topic. And will answer interesting or these that I can already now answer questions.

Also probably next development update you will see on SimHq. I promised this week, but got unexpected illness.

By!
Get well soon Oleg - take it easy(ish!!)

PPanPan
Old 11-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

since recent updates take in game , independetly of the great details for all objets and now for the ships , I note how the lighting take a actual or real look

one question : light reflections beetween objets will be implemented or not ?

for exemple in ships screens , the ship reflect in the sea but the sea don' t reflect on the ship

Last edited by sport02; 11-06-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

I understand it's been mentioned a handful of times that the sim will take use of multicore CPUs. I'm curious as to what you're impressions are of having this extra processing power. Does it really allow your developers to do more?

I'm also curious as to what you think on the other side of the coin. Do you see all these amazing graphics to be more GPU dependant?

The only reason why I ask there is little doubt you got the IL2 engine to scale and even by today's standards I consider it to be top notch. CPU or GPU dependant?

The way I see most of the newer SIMS they seem to be more CPU dependant.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

I've got a question I didn't noticed earlier: Will leafs of trees move due to wind?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloblast
Oleg,

Nice water effect and nice boats.

Oleg, I wonder what might happen when aircraft
lands on the water, might it stay afloat for a while?

Yes.
And plane will wave together with surface of water?