Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 09-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

Sounds fairly familiar. Similar arrangement to Pacific Fighters with semi-professional third party contributions from people around the world. Then Luthier overseeing the compilation of the accumulated bits.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Approved Member

Oleg is back :-O

Flying online as Setback.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Waiting for my T-shirt...umm, and the sim of course

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 09-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
like what ?

re DCS, i'd say the exact opposite. they are known for their solid track record in regularly producing new high quality combat flightsim elements. they do keep to their deadlines, work with a small team, and their larger more ambitious new projects (like their new gfx engine, EDGE) are not given a firm release date until very close to completion.

for the eager beavers they provide a beta product purchase system that provides significant advantages, not only do you get to play around with your new toy early, most beta stage releases are usually already pretty good and they will give you a significant discount on the final purchase price for doing so. cant be more fair then that imho

for their finished flightsim products, their netcode is solid, they have a good multiplayer function, a very advanced mission builder that provides a dynamic campaign function, and their avionics, flightmodels, and weapons systems and ballistics are very good (near military sim grade basically). my only gripe with them is that the modern era in flightsims is just not my cup 'a tea, and i'd wish they would focus more on ww2 or korean era (which we are about to receive now in the next year).

I just installed this, my first impressions are very high should have tried it sooner

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 09-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Approved Member

Did some quick calculations and going by the average amount pledged by the first 154 backers, they'd need about 1250-1300 more backers to reach their first goal. I have no idea if that's attainable or not, but I wish them all the best and have done my bit to help them on their way.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Approved Member

"Oleg will act as the team’s advisor, distilling the wishes of the fans into design decisions, and making sure they properly translate into something that satisfies the fans today as well as in the long run.
As the team’s foremost expert on aircraft performance and WWII history, Oleg will act as the ultimate quality control on the game, ensuring it meets the highest possible standards of both historical accuracy and playability."

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ently_launched

Stump up 10 large for your VIP treatment.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 09-06-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Approved Member

Pledged my $40. It's worth a try (for him and me), isn't it?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-07-2013, 05:15 AM
Approved Member

fantastic news, oleg is again involved with the new project !!

looks like the 40$ payment for the basic version of the game is a really good deal
, you'd get the full game in 12 months and all of the planes of the original release are included (compared to the 90$ of the RoF-BS project and their pay to win sales strategy for a much less ). DCs has been known over the years to provide really good deals on the prepaid beta participation, they have a proven track record on releasing games on time, and it is MUCH cheaper then buying it later at release time !

i am joining the funding with 100$, and i see that as paying 50$ for the game and giving them 50$ in good-will money to help the project along and make it more likely to succeed. many of us here (il2 series fans) previously said we'd be willing to pay extra to get full printed aircraft manuals and game documentation, which is what the 70 and 80$ options give you. well worth it for those that want a deluxe version of the new simulator and all the hard copy manuals

folks, what luthier says in that clip is probably right (sadly), this is our last best chance to ever get a software developer to launch into creating such an ambitious fully featured and ultra realistic military grade ww2 simulation project. and with the new EDGE grafix engine near finished already, luthier is basically building the ww2 era "world" for it, not creating a new game and gfx engine from scratch (DCS already has a campaign engine etc). so if you ever want that level of ww2 era flight simulator to succeed, and dont want to wait for 10 years and have DCS add one piece at a time in slow motion to their ww2 era project, this is the time to put some money into it and help it accelerate and become a reality in just 12 months time

with the financial mismanagement that happened with the SoW-CoD project, many software houses would be triple shy before they ever consider launching into anything as ambitious as that again (or they choose to create a money making dumbded down arcade project instead), and having luthier be able to team up with DCS to keep building our dream sim is a god sent golden opportunity that is not to be missed, no-one will ever attempt this if it doesnt succeed in raising the funds they need

tell your friends, borrow money from your dad, sell your cats and dogs if you need to, but this is the time to act or shutup forever !! whatever joy and pleasure you have had from the il2 series over the years, this is the time to give something back and dig deep and help our hobby to continue for many more years, its now or never
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 09-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post

with the financial mismanagement that happened with the SoW-CoD project

And who was responsible for that?
I would really like to know who is would be responsible for planning, leading and controlling this project. Furthermore I am pretty sure 100k will be nowhere near enough to finance the the basic planes and map he mentioned.

They are visionaries, brilliant engineers on their field, yet I fail to see how they want so ensure they stay on track.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
And who was responsible for that?
I would really like to know who is would be responsible for planning, leading and controlling this project. Furthermore I am pretty sure 100k will be nowhere near enough to finance the the basic planes and map he mentioned.

They are visionaries, brilliant engineers on their field, yet I fail to see how they want so ensure they stay on track.
This is my major concern. The Il-2 series was undeniably brilliant. However it was unable to reach even greater heights due to some very poor decisions of internal management and a series of wasteful, disorganised development cycles.

I wish the DCS WW2 team luck, but I cannot see how they can hope to deliver such a complex product in even less time than it took to develop the Aces expansion pack. I suspect they are again showing the very best of intentions, but making promises that they will soon find they cannot keep.