Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 12-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

I'm offline only. Been playing Heinkill's RAF Redux campaign and having no game bugs or glitches. Even won a medal

Even went as far as copying the campaign missions into a Single Mission subfolder to refly some of them: they are that much fun.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

Rise of Flight have released their Channel Map. I paid $18 US for it. (About 12 Euros).

It is far less detailed than the Cliffs of Dover map. It's a stripped down version and also without London.

A poster on the RoF forum has commented that he trusts the RoF team to improve upon it with time and also iron out any bugs. There wasn't that kind of loyalty on this forum for Cliffs of Dover from many posters.

Why?
Old 12-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB_Avro_UK View Post
Rise of Flight have released their Channel Map. I paid $18 US for it. (About 12 Euros).

It is far less detailed than the Cliffs of Dover map. It's a stripped down version and also without London.

A poster on the RoF forum has commented that he trusts the RoF team to improve upon it with time and also iron out any bugs. There wasn't that kind of loyalty on this forum for Cliffs of Dover from many posters.

Why?
Agreed

And nope no loyalty from any of these trolling morons whatsoever, shocking given what they had been given if they could have opened up there eyes and had some foresight but these guys are utter morons. I agree these guys are not flight sim fans they are just a bunch of ******* idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronWastelan View Post
If CloD had been released last year as an paid open beta -- pay $20 for the beta, with option to upgrade to release ver for $29 later -- it would have made all the difference and MG would still be working on The Sequel.

Instead they tried the sneaky used-car sales way and MG have paid the price. They gambled their reputation and lost.
I think that would've been much better, to release as a pre-purchase beta. People would've bought it fully knowing that it wasn't a finished product and thus complaints would've been reduced to a more tolerable level. H*ll! the guys at ED and 777 are using that very model, here's a beta, it's not finished and it's a bit buggy but you can pre-purchase it if you want to at your own risk. I guess MG couldn't go that route, maybe Ubisoft told them to keep quiet. God knows what has happened at the 1c/MG offices the last few years but it sure would've been interesting to know.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Why?
The haters - some of whom still hang around in this thread - were loyal to their own deranged agenda, which was "criticize incessantly until you tire out everybody else from replying, and thereby "win" the argument."

Apart from loyalty to themselves and their own twisted thinking they don't know what the word loyalty means. Foreign concept to them.

But yeah, let's hear them explain what a great improvement the RoF Channel map is over the CoD one, whose colours they went on about ad absurdum...
Old 12-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Why?
Why?

Because if Jason says they are going to do something, they do it.
If they say its going to be fixed or going to be in the next patch, it is.

The patches or updates are on time, work with no or very little problems.

No flim flam, flannel or BS and no banjo vids.

They never said it would have london, its not a stripped down anything, its not a version of a COD map.

Its a ROF map, and its very good, looks like a English landscape and plays very well.

Thats why.

Last edited by furbs; 12-25-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Why?
I resent staements like that..
The were plenty of us who put there trust in the 1c team and waited patiently for bugs to be ironed out.
The Finance was pulled because there was no faith in the ability of the team to fix it by the investors .
Old 12-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BL Bird-Dog View Post
I resent staements like that..
The were plenty of us who put there trust in the 1c team and waited patiently for bugs to be ironed out.
The Finance was pulled because there was no faith in the ability of the team to fix it by the investors .
And investors would have seen this forum and seen only the moaning minority that have a large presence on this board and decided to pull the plug... simple fact.

Quote:
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
Old 12-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

Krupi, do you really believe that? i mean really?
You really think they pulled the plug on the sequel because of forum posts about COD?

They had a year to look at what Luthier had done for the sequel, all that work, all those models.
Do you think that if all that work and progress had been successful and it looked like the sequel was going to fix the problems, that 1C decided to ignore that and make the decision based on what a few people were posting about COD?

I cant honestly believe you really think that.

What has posts about COD got to do with a years work on the sequel?

Luthier had to meet the June milestone to show what they had done in that year....it wasn't enough.

Its that simple.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

Yes I believe that it certainly factored into the equation that ultimately led to BoMs mothballing.

If it appears that a product doesn't have any support or audience then the shareholders will always go with the safer option.

They don't care about the product only about the money...

Its really that simple, CoDs failure will always be due to it being released in a mess but BoMs mothballing is due to a number of issues and one of them is the reaction of supposed "fans" of flight simulators... so yes its that simple.

Its THAT simple.

Quote: