Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Approved Member

I just wish these boards were as ruthlessly moderated. Then again, I'd probably be banned myself, since I can't sit here in my glass-house and say that I haven't fired off more than one broadside
Old 12-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Approved Member

Well, moderators have to go by a set of guidelines from the higher ups. Nobody told me to suddenly become a ******* I decided that all by myself, and will continue until others decide I can't
Other than that, I am quite happy with the thought that the worst trolls, griefers and all round ***** are now banned from here, simhq, in fact probably every flight sim forum on the planet, and are too scared to open their mouths on the new forum, and will just have to play along like good little soldiers.Funny how some of the worst trouble making idiots here are now fine upstanding members of the community at the new place.
They will have to go to facebook or mumsnet for an argument now.

Last edited by JG52Uther; 12-19-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

If it stops the new forum becoming like this one, the ends justify the means.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
If it stops the new forum becoming like this one, the ends justify the means.
Amen.

Having been both a moderator on boards and an Op on good old IRC, I can appreciate the mods job a little better, and in some cases truly admire their ability to keep their cool. Because I sure as hell wouldn't
Old 12-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
They will have to go to facebook or mumsnet for an argument now.
They better not! Mumsnet is my happy hunting ground. lol
Old 12-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Global Moderator

The COD is a done deal. No more patches or embellishments will be coming from 1C.

It is rumored 777 will use their own engine and build a WW2 air combat simulator game. I think we should look at the merge between COD and 777 as 777 buying the longstanding and prosperous IL2 Sturmovik brand and nothing more.

Then when you go to that forums you understand the vents and complaints are not their problem. THey bought "the IL2 Sturmovik brand" and the COD is just an ancillary thing that came with the purchase of the brand.

If 777 were buying COD for the work that has been done the patches would continue and the COD would be improved.

We are looking at 2014 for a release. I would say... a new sim with ties to an old brand.

So... don't go there looking for resolution of your complaints with COD they aren't improving or working with the COD code is my understanding. They may or may not use some graphic elements of COD.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjordmonkey View Post
I just wish these boards were as ruthlessly moderated. Then again, I'd probably be banned myself, since I can't sit here in my glass-house and say that I haven't fired off more than one broadside
Well personal opinions and feelings don't/shouldn't come into moderating here, if they did there would be a decimation of members believe me.

There's a set of rules on the front door, most members never read them until they are pointed towards them after doing something wrong.

Even with moderating the rules, a lot gets let go for the sake of a decent discussion/argument, so long as members are not abusing each other and the trolls stay out of the thread.

Unfortunately members can take it personally and think they are being singled out when posts are deleted or infractions given, even when its clear and plain that they broke a forum rule they cannot accept the fact they are in the wrong.

I know none of the moderators here like to ban members and we have bent over backwards allowing banned members to come in again, if they request it, so long as they behave

But there's a slightly strange dark side to some members.............

If I showed you the pager messages from some members from killing my family, burning my house down, shoving a glass in my face, to personal attacks and senseless name calling personal insults derogatory insults, I have received over the years you wouldn't want to moderate here.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 12-19-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Well personal opinions and feelings don't/shouldn't come into moderating here, if they did there would be a decimation of members believe me.

There's a set of rules on the front door, most members never read them until they are pointed towards them after doing something wrong.

Even with moderating the rules, a lot gets let go for the sake of a decent discussion/argument, so long as members are not abusing each other and the trolls stay out of the thread.

Unfortunately members can take it personally and think they are being singled out when posts are deleted or infractions given, even when its clear and plain that they broke a forum rule they cannot accept the fact they are in the wrong.

I know none of the moderators here like to ban members and we have bent over backwards allowing banned members to come in again, if they request it, so long as they behave

If I showed you the pager messages from some members from killing my family, burning my house down, shoving a glass in my face, to personal attacks and senseless name calling personal insults derogatory insults, I have received over the years you wouldn't want to moderate here.

You noticed

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 12-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Approved Member

Here Here,

Being a Moderator over at UBI was and is (not so often anymore) the very same way, I've saved a few of those nasty letters myself over the years.
I would never wish the Moderating Job on anyone. Its the most thankless none fulfilling thing one can do for the community. I signed up originally out of respect for Oleg and his creation, hoping to just keep general order for all of us involved. At times it was impossible, alot like herding Cats. My hats off to anyone willing to try, and concerned for the ones that have burned out or snapped in the past, and yet willing to try again in the new avenues of this genre.

Quote:

In the heat of battle you will not rise to the occasion
You will shrink to the level of your training
Music at Reverbnation
Old 12-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

You have to question whether we should give people in asylums access to the internet...
Closed Thread