Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 04-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Approved Member

Default Advanced physics in COD?

I was just wondering about this: has anybody been hit by fragments from another plane so far? I mean you shoot a plane, and parts of it (ailerons, landing gear, etc) fly away eventually hitting your plane and damaging it.
Does this happen? Is this graphic engine capable of handling such collisions and events? For sure it would be cool.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

it would be really awesome. at least you can see the whole part of the enemy aircraft falling off ... but i think you cant hit them... didnt happen to me yet
Old 04-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Approved Member

I'd be happy if exploding aircraft didn't just vanish for starters.

Either way, I have been going right through all kinds of debris and never sustained any damage.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

that would be nice eh?
Ok, it will be in the next IL2 then
Old 04-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

Nah, I've seen a video of a gladiator or CR42 flying through a tailsection of a plane without jinking.

I've also seen parts hit my aircraft to the point where they actually appear inside the cockpit as they "clip" through my plane.

It's not rise of flight, but I think implementing collision models or "damage-dealers" to the parts is possible, but would stress the performance even more :p maybe some day though
Old 04-08-2011, 05:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conte Zero View Post
I was just wondering about this: has anybody been hit by fragments from another plane so far? I mean you shoot a plane, and parts of it (ailerons, landing gear, etc) fly away eventually hitting your plane and damaging it.
Does this happen? Is this graphic engine capable of handling such collisions and events? For sure it would be cool.
I nearly was last night, a loosen aileron from a Spitfire past close mi cockpit but I managed to avoid it. Next time I'll try to collide with the UFO in order to see what happens ....
Old 04-08-2011, 05:51 AM
Approved Member

This is working even in Il2: 1946. If you were too close while your target exploded, you got damaged. I don't know if it works with single pieces of debris there, but, after what I have seen about flak splinters buzzing aroundin CoD, my guess for CoD would be yes.

After reading the thread title, though, I hoped this would be about quantum effects for my hurricane...
Old 04-08-2011, 06:44 AM
Approved Member

Well, I was just sitting a few meters behind an He 111 when his right wing tank lit up.

Not only was I so close to the explosion that I could have touched it if the canopy was open, the wing snapped around and I flew right through it.

The result: no damage.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Approved Member

Same here, yesterday i cut a cr42 in 2 sections with my hurricane, the tail section whent directly to my nose and i tohugt, "o dear, im dead" beacuse is what happens in ROF, but i passedt trought the tail without any harm.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post
This is working even in Il2: 1946. If you were too close while your target exploded, you got damaged.
that's the point!

based on that, I thought maybe the new engine could be a step forward and manage complex collisions. maybe it is ready to implement it in the future, when a low-end pc will be twice as powerful as a top-end pc of today.

I'm sorry for my english, not sure if the last sentence is correct...