Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 05-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

What is so important on AA in the current state of the game?

And what games are running? Perhaps these are nearly all games not exceeding 1,5 GB VRAM? This is a most common problem -»addressing vram, when it is needed. Most games running below 1,5 GB -» not that performance problem. Streaming engines are also facing the same problems up to my knowledge.

What resolution and/or monitor setup are u playing with? 1080p single monitor = normal gaming and no problem with vram capacity. But higher res, triple monitors and with this a larger fov and more polygons, textures, etc. to draw = more vram and you can get bottlenecked without a sufficient technique to devide the workload for the 2 vrams.

I just want to say, that this is the main reason, a sli behaves bad and this is the case in clod, as far as I see it right. So no sufficient or effective performance boost using cards with less than 3 GB vram, where every card is able to manage it all alone.

Technique of sli is limited and it needs to be changed. Otherwise an sli rig is not more than a fps generating maschine, where price gets to high for that boost.

I am just claiming sli as it is currently. But AA? Common, there are other problems and it is easy to implement later.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
I have 2xGTX580m in SLI and every other game I have runs SLI just fine, including ROF and IL2:1946. Lets face it, the CloD developers can't even get AA working, which is frankly ridiculous.
It's frustrating to be sure... Oh well, keep the faith & ignore the trolls!

Last edited by von Pilsner; 05-15-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Pilsner View Post
OK, so how do I get nVidia surround without a SLI config?
GTX680 to the rescue! Bought one a month ago. Turned my three landscape oriented 1680x1050 monitors around so now they're portrait. Hooked em all up to the gtx680 and voila! When I ran a single monitor (1600x1200, 22 inch crt)I had the the graphics set to the highest setting and consistently ran between 65 and 85fps. Now with Nvidia surround at 3352x1680 (custom bezzel correction resolution) I'm getting around 45-55 fps. The GTX680 also fixes the lack of good AA. FXAA looks very good and does not give a performance penalty.

Last edited by BigC208; 05-15-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigC208 View Post
GTX680 to the rescue! Bought one a month ago. Turned my three landscape oriented 1680x1050 monitors around so now they're portrait. Hooked em all up to the gtx680 and voila! When I ran a single monitor (1600x1200, 22 inch crt)I had the the graphics set to the highest setting and consistently ran between 65 and 85fps. Now with Nvidia surround at 3352x1680 (custom bezzel correction resolution) I'm getting around 45-55 fps. The GTX680 also fixes the lack of good AA. FXAA looks very good and does not give a performance penalty.
Very nice setup! I am still using SoftTH at the moment for mine (cause my middle monitor is wrong native resolution) but I hope to get a new monitor next month (so I can properly enable nVidia surround). I noticed that when I check SLI support in Rise of FLight I get a fps boost even though I am not 'technically' in an SLI config at the moment so multi GPU support is working well for me in most games.

From: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/N...Force_GTX_690/
The GTX 690 has two GK104 Kepler GPUs arranged in an internal SLI configuration.

Thanks, but again that is using SLI technology... (although it is doing it on the card itself) I don't have any problems with my setup I was just responding to someones assertion that I can have nVidia triple head without SLI....

Last edited by von Pilsner; 05-15-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Pilsner View Post
OK, so how do I get nVidia surround without a SLI config?
A 680GTX or GTX 670 will run multimonitor now with only 1 card...
Old 05-16-2012, 07:32 AM
Approved Member

Just what I wanted to say. A single card can run it, too. Just be aware, that vram can get a bigger issue. So it is n1 to have them.

By the way: BigC: What is your card consuming in terms of vram. Does it get hick ups sometimes due to the small memory? This should be the case, as your setup should easily consume about 2,5GB vram. When you have hick ups, how big are they or how do they look like practically. Just for my information.