Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

Dear all,

I'm happy to announce a new Special Club game: AERIAL BATTLES - P-51 MUSTANG PURIST CLUB AGAINST LUFTWAFFE

It has taken some time to evaluate scenarios and possible adversaries. This has been necessary to balance out the disadvantages we're carrying with our Mustangs and Club Rules (but HUD allowed) versus opponents who fly with HUD, virtual cockpit and any sensitivity they wish. While the Aerial Battles are not necessarily going to be historically accurate (types of airplanes flying against each other), we're limiting the maps to at least introduce a certain feel of historicity. I would like to thank everybody who participated in the evaluations, special thanks to tommykocher and swoop117 for their time and dedication.

The Aerial Battles are played in Strike Mode. Ground targets must not be attacked. Sole purpose of the game is to establish Air Superiority by counting fewer casualties than the enemy. The game is played on three maps: Britain, Bulge and Berlin. Winner is, who at the end of the game has suffered fewer casualties. Points are not taken into consideration.

Game Mode: Strike
Maps: Britain, Bulge, Berlin
Duration: 20 minutes
Time of Day: Any
Weather: Any
Fuel and Ammo: Limited
Respawn Time: 15 seconds
Minimum Number of Players: 2
Maximum Number of Players: 10, but may be higher as long as there is not too much lag

Team A:

- Members of the P-51 Mustang Purist Club
- Allowable Airplane Types: P-51 B, P-51 D5
- Club Rules, but HUD allowed

Team B:

- Friends of P-51 Mustang Purist Club, Members of P-51 Mustang Purist Club
- Allowable Airplane Types: Bf109 E-3, FW190 A-5, FW190 F-8, FW190 D-9, TA-152
- Limitations: none, except that Members of the P-51 Mustang Purist Club who fly with Team B have to fly with full sensitivity

Ideally both teams would have the same number of players, however a difference of 1 is acceptable.

It seems possible to expand the maps and allowable airplanes later on, but for now let's keep it simple like this. It is my hope that the P-51 Mustang Purist Club will learn to cope with the disadvantages inherent in this game by increasing their tactical and teamworking skills.

As usual, the game should be started from the Chat room to ensure that the game is set up for the correct number of participants and only invited players enter the game room.

One last thing: we need more Friends to make this game a success. If you know anybody who would like to fly the available German planes against us, please invite them to become Friends by replying either here, on the Friends thread, or by sending me a PM or a message on the Playstation Network.

Looking forward to exciting Aerial Battles!

MAC

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 09-24-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

Nice Macademic.

When do you think we could try to set this up? I have a connection that can host at least 12 without any lag at all. 14 can be possible.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

Default More Friends needed!

Hello all,

If you would be interested in flying German planes against the P-51 Mustang Purist Club, please join Friends of P-51 Mustang Purist Club. We have one Special Club game out already and more to come. Not much is required of you, except that you will be limited to the airplane types as stipulated in the game rules. Other than that, you can chose your own settings.

So please come and join, and recommend joining to your friends.

MAC
Old 08-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQ59 View Post
Nice Macademic.

When do you think we could try to set this up? I have a connection that can host at least 12 without any lag at all. 14 can be possible.
That's great McQ59, your good connection will be very appreciated. Key to hosting is starting it from the P51 Club Chat room, to get all who want to play in there, discuss who's playing in what team and so on, and get all ready to wait for the game to show up in Online/Custom/Strike so that the room fills with the exact number and right players immediately once it's been created.

As to when we can start playing, not sure, we're still quite short of Friends although maybe now that a game is out we can attract more to join.

I will be on tonight as of around 22 Central European Summer Time.

Hope to see you soon!

MAC
Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post

Team B:

- Allowable Airplane Types: Bf109 E-3, FW190 A-5, FW190 D-9

i know i'm not involved in this, but the selection of axis aircraft here heavily favours the p-51 why no 109 F G's or K's?
The E-3 is completely out of it's time period facing off against either of the p51s
This is not a criticism, i just wonder of the fairness of these matchups.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Approved Member

I'll most likely be on tonight same time. Just put up a chatroom and invite. That way we can say hello - and maybe sort out if it's possible to set up a mission this weekend.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Approved Member

Default New Member Chowbird

Happy to announce a new Friend: Chowbird

Welcome!

MAC
Old 08-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQ59 View Post
I'll most likely be on tonight same time. Just put up a chatroom and invite. That way we can say hello - and maybe sort out if it's possible to set up a mission this weekend.
Will do. Looking forward,

MAC
Old 08-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcorp View Post
i know i'm not involved in this, but the selection of axis aircraft here heavily favours the p-51 why no 109 F G's or K's?
The E-3 is completely out of it's time period facing off against either of the p51s
This is not a criticism, i just wonder of the fairness of these matchups.
It's a fair question, and of course you're right that this isn't historically accurate. However we've tested the P-51 against all variants of the Bf109 series, and the truth is that the P-51 is going to have a hard time even against the E3. This is because the Club is flying the P-51 in full sensitivity, in cockpit only and without HUD. If you've flown the P-51 in these settings you know what I'm talking about. No limitations how you fly the E3.

MAC
Old 08-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

Yo Shadowcorp... Let's give it a go. Can't hurt nothing but our pride to try it out

Good to see Chowbirds on 2.