Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Red Tide

Men of War: Red Tide Stand-alone expansion to its critically acclaimed RTS Men of War

Old 10-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Approved Member

Default Hi guys

Hello guys! those of who you who have bought it. Could you give your own review, I can find only a single review for this game.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

I'd give it a 5 out of 5. I only play single player so this kind of expansion was just what I was looking for.

The missions are just as well designed and as brutally challenging as the campaigns from the base game. Fighting against two entire armies (the Romanians and Italians)which weren't in the original game feels really fresh and unique.

My anti-tank tatics which worked against german panzers were completely useless against the multitude of new Romanian light tanks, with them being much smaller targets combined with their ability to fit between obstacles that the larger panzers would have had to go around or slowly plow their way through. I had to create an entirely new tactical doctrine to deal with these swarming little tanks.

The multitude of new infantry weapons really spices up combat as well. You have the weapons used by the new armies which you can capture along with new weapons for the Soviets.

I highly recommend it, the only downside is that I wish they'd have made it install alongside the base game instead of as a completely seperate program. It's made getting the new units (there's a whole lot of 'em too) in to the base game's editor a bit of a hassle. It's possible, it's just labor intensive.