Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Approved Member

Default CoD+Skins=ban?!

So Im reading and hearing conflicting things about this.
Ive seen more than a few very nice third party skins for CoD out there, many of them here, but Ive read too that using these skins will get your steam account locked? what the heck?
But I see two different types of skins out there too, some like IL2 seem to be little more than pictures in a certain format, while others seem to be in the form of a modpack. Is there a difference between these? Will one get you locked and not the other or is what Ive read and heard about this a bunch of nonsense?
Old 05-25-2011, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWMV View Post
So Im reading and hearing conflicting things about this.
Ive seen more than a few very nice third party skins for CoD out there, many of them here, but Ive read too that using these skins will get your steam account locked? what the heck?
But I see two different types of skins out there too, some like IL2 seem to be little more than pictures in a certain format, while others seem to be in the form of a modpack. Is there a difference between these? Will one get you locked and not the other or is what Ive read and heard about this a bunch of nonsense?
With kegetys mod = potential ban

Regular skins = no ban
Old 05-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Approved Member

Cool thank you.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Lemon View Post
With kegetys mod = potential ban

Regular skins = no ban

Why is this. If you are just changing the aircrafts skin surely this is not changing the code (which is what Steam normally bans people for). Why is it that you can change the skins that were included in the game but when it comes to changing skins that are not given with that Steam gets all upset. It is not enhancing a players advantage and it offers no advantage what so ever - just looks nice

I think that steam have gone overboard here
Old 05-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
Why is this. If you are just changing the aircrafts skin surely this is not changing the code (which is what Steam normally bans people for). Why is it that you can change the skins that were included in the game but when it comes to changing skins that are not given with that Steam gets all upset. It is not enhancing a players advantage and it offers no advantage what so ever - just looks nice

I think that steam have gone overboard here
Here is a clue:

Multiplayer...EA has 'bright pink skins'
Old 05-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Ali Fish

in a more loose basic term. Swastika = Ban.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

Ban=being online to get banned.......surely,no brainer.....DON'T GO ONLINE WITH MODS,it ain't rocket science guys.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plt Off JRB Meaker View Post
Ban=being online to get banned.......surely,no brainer.....DON'T GO ONLINE WITH MODS,it ain't rocket science guys.
Does this mean that whenever you play the game you should disconnect to the internet or just dont go onto multiplayer?

If everyone is on steam shoulddnt you have to disconnect (from your internet connection) to play mods without getting caught
Old 06-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Ali Fish

only if you goto multiplayer. and entertain your modded files in an arena where those files may be checked by steam. i.e an online match.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

Ok thanks for clearing that up, so therefore Im going to work on some Ju-87 skins that was originally done from scratch with the 1946 models, copying and pasteing, enlarging moving to the correct positions, then fildling around with finding the very small parts

Thanks for this,

AdamB