Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Magiс system and Pet Dragon

Magiс system and Pet Dragon Questions, tips and discussions

Old 12-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Registered Member

Default Summoner Skill question

In the Magic tree, does the Summoner Skill provide benefits to things various units can summon? For example, I just got Druids, will the bears they can call in combat benefit if I rank that skill up?

Likewise, if I make a copy of a unit with the Phantom spell, will that unit benefit from Summoner?

Thank you in advance.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Approved Member

Yeap everything should work; magic egg, panthom and the various summon skills from all kind of creatures.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Approved Member

yes all o this is affected by summoner, choshas gobots too
Old 12-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

Thank you for the quick replys. I am considering getting it on my Paladin, since I am seem to use Phantom quite a bit, and usually have 1 or 2 units that can summon further units. I just want to be careful not spread my runes to thin across the various trees and skills, and end up with a lot of a little, but nothing really good.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Approved Member

Summoner skill is NEVER a bad choice. It will also boost the units summoned by phantom. More paladins summoned by phantom means better resurrection - so you can never go wrong with maxing this skill.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

If you have them, Royal Griffons have been my best choice for Phantom and then take use of Summon by way of the Heavenly Guard they call in. Both the phantom and Heavenly Guard units always counterattack, they fly and they all have pretty high initiative making them easily the best unit to take damage or stick in front of pesky archers.

The only reason I would ever Phantom my Paladins is if I wasn't able to get enough "rez" out of them the first time....but then I also have Inquisitors, Demonologists and the Resurrection spell. Needless to say, I've never used Phantom on my Paladins.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Seems like you have never fought a powerfull mage hero yet ...
Old 12-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

OR I don't lose as many units you do when fighting them......I'm level 50 and have under 50 troop losses. A couple rounds of Geyser or Lightning never damages more than one stack of Paladins can heal and I have 3 other means of rezzing if it did.

Point is, phantoming Paladins should be a VERY RARE exception but so many here try to present it as the rule. If you're phantoming paladins regularly, I'd argue you're doing something wrong.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Approved Member

And I'd argue that you're playing on normal... Impossible is completely different matter.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

geyser is not realy a problem .. but high damage fire rain with burn effect is .. i am just fighting invincible uldara and that fire rain makes me crazy... tough my army is at half of my max leadership since since like hundred battles there was no need to refill army ;p