Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:28 AM
Approved Member

haha...well mr. pope i dont doubt that at all. i like FA2 and if it had the options for 8 or more players and the ability to create courses...we would probably be playing this there. but that is a lot to ask from an indie game. SO playing with what we have..... you realize i have been designing the courses and testing them out...so i am pretty dang good too. AH that is right!... i am not competing. if this all come to fruition and goes of well....afterwards if you want i will race....you pick any course and aircraft you wish and we'll go head to head....might even do a gentleman's wager on the out come. i got a few things to wager i think you would like.......but first things first!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

PRACTICE TRACK(S)

Here is the same track in 2 different configurations. you may fly it as a straight 4 pylon Reno track or put the criss-cross in and fly it as a Figure "8". I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures but i was experimenting with my camera. Using it as a camera i got blacked portions that were simply annoying. So i filmed it as video and captured a shot from there.

Track Description:

I am sure most of you have raced Dover in some manner. Maybe even the way I have it configured. In the real game I will use bombs which will give flame only and no smoke. but for this purpose i chose just to crash.

RENO Track

The starting gate is the opening with a lighthouse at either end. time begins once that threshold is crossed. Proceed on a heading of ~340 to the castle. Break right to a heading of ~ 50 to the radar tower. Break right on a heading of ~160 to the left most lighthouse. round that back to the starting gate ~220.

Figure 8:

Starting gate is the same but proceed to the 2 fire columns of the criss-cross towards the radar tower. Break left at the tower and proceed to the castle ~230. break left at the castle and back through the criss-cross to the furthest tower on the left. Repeat.

Try this will all the planes listed. The I-16 will require power managment. you will burn up your engine if you run too long in WEP.

This should give you a general idea. race against someone else of time yourself. cornering will be the biggest time saver for you.... enjoy.

starting gate:

castle pylon:

radar tower pylon:

lighthouse pylon:

criss-cross: ( is 2 flames. one on the house the other on the slope leading up to it.

Last edited by bobbysocks; 12-16-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:26 AM
Approved Member

possible delay due to technical difficulties.

my trusty ace combat stick developed a problem over the past week with its POV ( hat ). i can get up and rear but not side to side. out of the 6 tracks i have designed 4 are complete but 2 i am not totally happy with and with this set back i am having a difficult time being able to explore other options for them. however, i bought another stick off of ebay and should be back up....depending on when i get that. i will have the chance to finalize all the courses, the start date may be push towards the middle of Jan. Sorry for the inconvenience. BUT, next week i will unveil the trophies and after that start sign ups. again my deepest apologizes for the delay.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Approved Member

TROPHIES:

While I finalize things I will show you what's up for grabs. If there are is a consistent roster of 8 flyers or more per race, the overall winner and champion will have their choice of either:

A (approx size ) 12 x 9 numbered print of the beautiful pencil sketch of two357th FG P51s. G4-E My Bonnie flown by Joe Shea and G4-G Jersey Bounce flown by jame Roughgarden. These prints were bought by Mr. Shea and then autographed by himself and Mr. Roughgarden.

OR.....

They may pick a T shirt with the picture of Lt. Jessie Frey's Aint Misbehavin'. This shirt is signed by Jessie Frey, Pat Buzzeo...Lt. Frey's crew chief, Jim McLane...another 357th pilot, and Joe Shea. The shirt is an XL and is pristine except for one Ooops...and marker slip made by one of the pilots.

The item picked will be mailed to the winner.

If there are less than 8 consistent flyers then I have autographed phamplets ( by all 4 listed above ) from the 357th FG Museum.

If the Race contest fails to draw or particapation dies off prior to the championship match these articles may be used for future contests.

Good luck to all...and more details to follow soon.

Last edited by bobbysocks; 12-24-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:19 AM
Approved Member

Default BoP Air Races sign ups...

I am back in the saddle again. just got my new ( ebay ...used ) flight stick in the mail. i will need the next week to finalize everything. so far we are a go but it may be pushed back a week....starting on to the weekend of Valentine's day. more info to come BUT....I need to know who is really committed and interested.

Up for discussion is the time and date of the races: I am off Thursday ( possible overtime day ) , Friday, and Saturday (<<< those days are the only ones) . I am EST ( GMT -5 )... SO, I am proposing 4,5,6, EST on Friday....."rain date" the adjacent Saturday. Who's can make it during that time.....OR what day and time can we get get the most pilots??

Oh, and be ready to fly your frick'n @$$es off, cos it ain't gonna be easy, brothers....

Last edited by bobbysocks; 12-31-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

Ok BoPers here we go. Week 1 is all the UK and the first course is my favorite. It presents challenges due to the aircraft and the course. It is multi leveled so the chance of encountering negative Gs is a threat for engine failure as is the over use of WEP. Using WEP the entire time for both laps WILL burn out your engine. The trick here is power/speed management and flying the straightest line through the course.

Pilots who are in the on deck position may "bail out" prior to start to get a fresh AC. Baling out does not litter the ground with burning planes and is encouraged if wrecking is apparent.

The Queen's Red Bull Challenge

Aircraft: I-16
Type of Race: Timed/ Against the Clock
Number of Laps: 2
Type of Track: Red Bull Obstacle
Starting Position: In air practice zone
Penalties: +1 second for each pylon missed
Disqualifications: Crashing during the race, failure to complete an assigned maneuver ( loop, half cuban, etc)

Course description:

Map: Dover/ Dogfight / unlimited fuel and ammo.

The starting position is over the city of Dover. Altitude is highly recommended. The pilot will speed towards the opening to the right with the 2 lighthouses. Height restriction....You must enter the starting gate no higher than the top of the light houses ( ^ -o- ^ ). Your official time starts then. After entering the starting gate you will immediately perform a loop that will bring you back down through the gate again ( no height restriction on this pass ). Your downward leg of the loop must break the plane of the light houses as to being inside/outside the harbor. At the completion of the loop you will break hard left on the outside wall of the break water. You will Barrel Roll over the breakwater to the inside wall and proceed to the opening of the breakwater and the far north lighthouse. Height Restriction...You must pass through the opening and break hard left again ( ^ -o- r ). This will be a hard ~180* turn that will take you back to the staring gate. There is no HR ( Height Restriction ) on the return pass only on the initial pas through the gate. The original staring gate is now a chicane. You must pass through the opening breaking left into the opening...past the lighthouse and then break right past the second. No NR for this gate. After passing the second lighthouse you will break hard right. On the long pier will be 3 pylons of fire. You will keep the first pylon to your right breaking left at the second and hard right at the third and last closer to shore. No HR for this chicane. Ahead of you on the short pier is a 2 pylon gate ( ^ ^ ). You must split the gate ( No HR ) and perform a Half Cuban. The return leg of this will bring you back through the same gate ( you must split the gate on your return but no HR ). After passing through the gate you will break hard right and climb towards Dover Castle. It will be illuminated with fire (possibly smoke if needed ). You will circle this pylon ( no HR ) from the left to the right as you are facing it. You will then head down to the Starting Gate/Finish line and begin lap 2. Lap 2 is exactly like lap 1. same pylons, same restrictions, etc. After you pass Dover castle the second time you must make the Starting Gate/ Finish Line. Height Restriction...You must not be any higher than the tops of the lighthouses. You DO NOT need to be under power. If you burn your engine up on the finishing leg and make the Finish Line, you will get official time and credit for the heat. Top 4 Times will race for placement.

Maps to come....

Last edited by bobbysocks; 01-06-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

The Churchill Gambit

Type of Aircraft: Spitfire Mk IX
Type of race: 1 vs 1
Number of Laps: 2
Type of Track: Modified Drag Race
Starting Position: Take off from airfield ( Hawkinge)

Flyers will land at Hawkinge. The race will be from there to the Lympne. Pilots will go head to head in heats. The starting position will be on the Hawkinge airstrip in echelon. From there they will go to Lympne and Must pass through the 2 pylon gate before making the return leg. There will be a 2 pylon gate at Hawkinge as well. The first pilot to make it through that wins...barring penalty assessment. There are no altitude restrictions. Map for the event will be the CA map. Unlimited fuel and Ammo. Top 4 players will compete for 1st through 4th ranking

Penalty: missing the 2 pylon gate at Lympne will cost the pilot 2 seconds removed from their time.

do you really need a maps?

Last edited by bobbysocks; 01-06-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

course 3 description and diagram to come
Old 12-31-2011, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

course 4 description and diagram to come
Old 12-31-2011, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

course 5 description and diagram to come