Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

Default Regarding living items and armor bearers.....

Hello people of the 1c forums! I played KBTL a year back and really enjoyed the game..... but never thought to look through the interesting forum that the game has...So finally i have decided to come to the community with this question i have

so after searching a bit around the forums for the question above ( might have missed it cause im bad at searching like that ) but i was wondering how do those two interact in the game? does the morale of living items go down when in possesion of a companion/ armor bearer? If it does not it would be a reasonable idea to pick up a companion cause im currently spoilt for choice for a companion and havent picked one as sometimes surpressing multiple items can be a pain

PS: Am playing armored princess but through crossworlds if it matters.

Last edited by Zen; 12-25-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

Hello there fellow KB player
Companion/armor bearer is same thing as wife was in The Legend, he gives you some bonus and have 4 item slots. You cant have kids with him (like was case in previous game), but is still much useful for additional item slots. Different companions give different bonuses and have variable slots, so best to to pick depends of your class/army.
If you`r not sure about new companion save game before releasing one you have and taking new to check his inventory/bonuses and if you like him keep playing, if not just load.
As for items moral it only depends of it`s type and battles you take, expl : ogre club gives bonus for giant/ogre/orc chieftain so it`s moral will drop if you fight against those type of units, elven crown will lose moral when fighting any elf army, dragon slayer sword will lose moral in any fight with no dragons, and gain moral when you kill dragons, etc . . .
So item moral have nothing to do with your current companion.
Have fun playing this game
Old 12-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

Thank you very much for replying

But i was wondering for items which naturally degrade over battle like the wizards mantle ( i think its called, the one where u can pay crystals to increase its morale) how do those items work with companions? Cause i understand that some items like the one u mentioned only increase/decrease with special conditions
Old 12-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

Those items that have `neutral` race lose moral in every battle ,no matter who you fight. As you mentioned wizard mantle (trust me you`ll need those magic crystals later in game so dont use them to get that item under control). Better to fight item and use it in next 20-30 battles then waste crystals on it. If you cant suppress item wait couple lvls and get stronger, and in meantime equip some other item in it`s place. Tactical manual also loose moral in every battle.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Approved Member

Hmm... probably too late for the original poster, but more detail for anyone in the future who finds this.

Items' morale is updated after each battle. Each item has individual conditions. The most common condition is "If the enemy army contained a certain type of unit, decrease morale by <some amount>." However, it can also be a constant decrease after every battle regardless of the specifics of the battle; it can be a decrease based on units in your army, it can be automatically set to 0 after a battle, and there are a few more esoteric ones too. Also, most items are actually a combination of several different morale effects - e.g., they can be decreased by fighting enemy thorns, while also having an automatic increase per battle.

It's odd that you should mention the wizard mantle, because that's one of the unusual ones. It's decrease is based on your hero's class and intelligence - a mage with 25 intelligence loses 1 morale per battle, while a warrior with intelligence 5 loses 9 morale per battle. I'm not aware of any items that are directly impacted by who your companion is, but I'm not prepared to rule that out categorically either.