Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Approved Member

Anton, can you tell us which version of IL2 you are using for the basis of the Flight Model? Is it pre- 4.01m of IL2? 4.01m had the new updated FM that was supposed to be more accurate ( was beta for BoB FM ). Thanks for your input.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman69 View Post
Anton, can you tell us which version of IL2 you are using for the basis of the Flight Model? Is it pre- 4.01m of IL2? 4.01m had the new updated FM that was supposed to be more accurate ( was beta for BoB FM ). Thanks for your input.
It was last one available in Nov. 2006.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOM.Nausicaa View Post
Unfortunately I that is exactly how I expect BoP to be. its an arcae game destined to dumb american teenagers, dont forget.
"Video is in 'arcade' (simplified) mode.
Flight model is from original IL-2, so nothing new can be dicovered here."

Proving you do not know what you are talking about. Your speculations are without merit and the average age of the console gamer is 33 years old so I would say your teenage comment is off the mark as well. Your comment regarding "dumb American" is just plain ignorant and uncalled for and if anyone is showing any sign of being dumb I would have to it is you thus far. If you do not know what you are talking about and can not speak it in a rational unbiased way then keep it to yourself. I think you will find you will look far less foolish in the future.

S!
Old 08-31-2008, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

Default Give em a break

Some of you people amaze me.

These guys’s are trying to create something good; in fact very good from what I have seen. I reckon they have been working their nuts off to make this happen and it is obviously within their interests to make it the best they can.

So why are people slagging it off before they have even seen it?

I'm no tech head who knows the ins and outs of producing flight sim games, I don't need to to enjoy it, I leave that to the experts and from the posts I have seen here there are a lot of them about.

I think we are very lucky at the moment; we have got BOP around the corner, ROF around the corner and of course BoB in the pipeline and Il2 to keep us busy in the meantime. For people who love combat flight sims could it really be any better. I believe it is all raising the bar

So why don't we give Anton and his crew a break and look at it as he is on "our side"
Old 08-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

+1

Yeah man good work Anton, Good to see the effort to bring a flight sim / light sim to consoles. A lot of ppl will enjoy the game.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

i have to agree with the previous posts.
While i wouldn´t touch a game-console for anything in the world this game is state of the art within the limitations of a console-game.
And doesn´t it look great???
Old 09-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMF-214_HaVoK View Post
"Video is in 'arcade' (simplified) mode.
Flight model is from original IL-2, so nothing new can be dicovered here."

Proving you do not know what you are talking about. Your speculations are without merit and the average age of the console gamer is 33 years old so I would say your teenage comment is off the mark as well. Your comment regarding "dumb American" is just plain ignorant and uncalled for and if anyone is showing any sign of being dumb I would have to it is you thus far. If you do not know what you are talking about and can not speak it in a rational unbiased way then keep it to yourself. I think you will find you will look far less foolish in the future.

S!
I must apologize for my sentence. I had an argument on a political forum with some americans that day, I was angry and I think it must have influenced what I said. Apologies again.
Btw, I have a console myself (PS3), I am 41 years old and enjoy it very much.
Apologies also fo the devs of BoP. I think the sim looks very good. I think it will be "arcadish " maybe, but that hasn't stopped me from posting updates about it on other forums I frequent.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

Video made in simplified realism level - you can see this in the first seconds (screen after selecting mission)
Old 09-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

Default Found this

http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-cont...lightstick.jpg
Old 09-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

looks like the joystick has il2 all over it. think its an x45.