Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:09 AM
Approved Member

My mage only got to level 6 on Impossible so far, but I have a funny story about the turtle.

The turtle's melee targeting strategy seems to be "whichever target has been in melee range for the longest amount of time". Which can be exploited as follows:

Bring 3 stacks of ranged units, 1 stack of Thorn Warriors and 1 fast-moving throwaway stack. Charge in with the fast stack and get it killed off so the thorns can spawn extras. But make sure the thorns move into melee range before spawning. Then, a couple rounds later when the parent stack of thorns is dead, the child spawn uses the parent's corpse to make more thorns. Rinse and repeat. The turtle will always attack the stack that has just used its spawn ability. And, although the stack size reduces each cycle, it always rounds up to 1.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:25 AM
Approved Member

For Kraken as warrior - warrior strength is mainly in his comparative army size, so you want to do as much as possible in the starting land before you go to the freedom isles. I had only 2 fights in the old royal castle, and the cursed child before i left for freedom isles, and was close to lvl 12 I think. Leadersip comes every even level, so its much easier to kill the Kraken at 14 for example.
Also you can get easier the night fight thing, and leave the harder battles for when the night comes. +6 attack and defence makes huge difference, especially early on.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Approved Member

Well I have already done most of the main quests in Freedom Isles and I am still level 11 (nearly 12) with 5600 leadership. I cleared out virtually everything in Darion and I took one point of Experience (+ 10%) early on. I take leadership whenever it's offered. Currently I'm using Sea Dogs, Pirates, Archers, Orc Shamans and Swordsmen. I'm actually losing money by fighting mostly Match stacks. Not much money, but my 70,000 gold is now only 40,000. I think this is because my ragebox is still quite weak, and I have crappy spells. The only one I am using much at the moment is Trap.

MUCH harder than Mage.

EDIT: a bit later, I took 700 leadership at level 12, and killed Duke Sov easily. Then I decided that I would have to return to Darion instead of clearing out Freedom Isles completely. You have to come back for the Holy Indulgence quest anyway. I don't know how people get to Ellinia on day 9 though - I am already up to day 8. I think that this isn't going to be a high score game.

Last edited by Zhuangzi; 11-07-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

I'm currently playing my warrior on impossible. so far i'm going well.
At lvl 5 i had ~ 1300 leadership, then i killed the turtle plundered freedom islands and when i came back i had 3700 leadership . After this clearing the starting area was very easy. My army was: inquisitors, canoneers (i found some in the islands and a sacrifice scroll as well ), marauders (also from the islands, gave me much money to be able to buy some good artifacts), ancient bears and evil beholders (from the swamp).
I left 2 heroes on the islands cleared the rest. From the orc embassy i could buy shamans they replaced my ancient bears and soon my marauders were replaced by griffins. My army remained the same since then and i'm already at the elves. i had around 3-4 battles so far when i had significant losses (the orc embassy, fighting the future self etc) the rest was quite easy and mostly w/o any causalities. My warrior is lvl 18, day 12, leadership around 11k and i have around 800k gold. (gold is not an issue as i play mostly w/o losses. when i fought my future self i have bought a completely different army just for that fight, then i left the survivors behind and continued with my original party )
This army really shines. the battles are not short but i can controll it very well. in the first round i can usually disable every ranged enemy and the melees stay at their line as well (with totems, cloned griffins, a well placed iceball (now it has 1500 hp).
An other interesting thing about my warrior is that it1s quite possible that he may have 30 int quite soon. that means 2+2 turn clones which is one of my most used spell.

Last edited by mzprox; 11-07-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzprox View Post
I'm currently playing my warrior on impossible. so far i'm going well.
At lvl 5 i had ~ 1300 leadership, then i killed the turtle plundered freedom islands and when i came back i had 3700 leadership . After this clearing the starting area was very easy. My army was: inquisitors, canoneers (i found some in the islands and a sacrifice scroll as well ), marauders (also from the islands, gave me much money to be able to buy some good artifacts), ancient bears and evil beholders (from the swamp).
I left 2 heroes on the islands cleared the rest. From the orc embassy i could buy shamans they replaced my ancient bears and soon my marauders were replaced by griffins. My army remained the same since then and i'm already at the elves. i had around 3-4 battles so far when i had significant losses (the orc embassy, fighting the future self etc) the rest was quite easy and mostly w/o any causalities. My warrior is lvl 18, day 12, leadership around 11k and i have around 800k gold. (gold is not an issue as i play mostly w/o losses. when i fought my future self i have bought a completely different army just for that fight, then i left the survivors behind and continued with my original party )
This army really shines. the battles are not short but i can controll it very well. in the first round i can usually disable every ranged enemy and the melees stay at their line as well (with totems, cloned griffins, a well placed iceball (now it has 1500 hp).
An other interesting thing about my warrior is that it1s quite possible that he may have 30 int quite soon. that means 2+2 turn clones which is one of my most used spell.
lol

30 int with an lvl 18 warrior?
Old 11-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

I am having bad luck with spells in this game. No Sacrifice, no Phantom. Although I guess I won't be using Sacrifice at all if I don't get Chaos. But I rushed through Creiston Mines to get Lina up and running, and now I'm back to three of my favourite units - Royal Snakes, Griffins and Orc Shamans. These guys seem to turn up in every game.

I am going to give up on completing this quickly. It sucks how I feel guilty for wanting to go back to Freedom Isles AGAIN to get more Sea Dogs. Forget the score.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennec View Post
lol

30 int with an lvl 18 warrior?
"only 22" so far, but i have the pain skull which will give me +5 int soon and i will get that artifact from the shaman which will give 3 int 10 mana. Currently i have Feanora as my wife (+3 int), my armor gives 2 and some leadership, my helmet gives +3, an artifact gives +4 (and 15 mana) and one of my sword gives +2.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

Well, my Intellect is nowhere near that. Maybe 10.

Anyway, I have decided to change my strategy. Instead of progressing through the game in a linear fashion (i.e. clear out Freedom Isles, then Kordar, then Ellinia) I have decided to follow the main story quests to open up new areas. This was also done to get the two final rage spirits, both found in Kordar. So I took on the castle for Reaper long before I was 'ready,' but early enough to actually win with heavy losses.

Then I decided to ditch Mirabella and get the dwarf wife. By running around in Taron Mines, Upper Hardar and Ardan's Peaks, I was able to pick up a LOT of loot without fighting anything. I also got a lot of great artifacts/equipment. I have decided on this team to finish clearing out Freedom Isles (I am nearly level 14 now):

Evil Beholders - 45
Dwarves - 90
Giants - 5
Horsemen - 50 (with Horsemen's shield)
Cannoneers - 50

The Dwarf wife improves the morale, but unfortunately I don't have room for the keg of beer at the moment. I also have the dwarf axe that Tom Digor gives you. All of this stuffing around has set me way back with the time (it's now day 15 and I still haven't cleared Freedom Isles) but I have a team to do the job finally. I am sacrificing the possibility of a high score in order to do the job properly.

Another thing - people often say I shouldn't bother with Trading 3, but I would not have been able to pursue this strategy without it. It's only 6 mind runes in total, and then you can sell everything you want for 100% value. This is how I survived my problems in Freedom Isles, by selling items such as the Clear Crystal, the barbarian totem head, and the Halberd. About 105,000 gold right there. Now I am back down to almost zero money again, but I am not worried because I now have the A team with excellent equipment.

Actually this is more fun than I was expecting - mainly because I am finding it much more difficult than my Impossible Mage game so far.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:12 AM
Approved Member

ye warrior is more challange.

easy--->hard

mage-->paladin--->,warrior

altough mage is dependant on spells and all classes on artifacts. bad artifacts for warrior means more for them then on mage i belive.

zhuen : i go for trade 3 to always. gives way better prices on scrolls and items to sell to castles.i dont see where those 6 mind runes are better placed couse u get loads of em. warrior gets few mage ruins though.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Approved Member

I completed impossible warrior in 14 days, beat that For screenshots check the hi-score thread.