Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-09-2017, 02:37 AM
Approved Member

Nic, maybe the settings files were copied as 'read only'? Check the properties of your conf.ini and settings.ini and make sure the 'read only' box is not checked.

There may be other files in the user folder as well, I'm not sure where all the setting are stored.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovak View Post
Nic, maybe the settings files were copied as 'read only'? Check the properties of your conf.ini and settings.ini and make sure the 'read only' box is not checked.

There may be other files in the user folder as well, I'm not sure where all the setting are stored.
I don't have Read-only checked, so that's not the problem.

Last edited by nic727; 01-10-2017 at 01:53 AM.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

Default Lerche, Chocks, and Stationary Ships (Test Runways)

Can we bring back the Lerche's chocking functionality?

Since chocks do not work with the Lerche anymore, if you utilize any of theTest Runways (Stationary Ships) and target the takeoff waypoint to the Test Runway, you cannot take off because you cannot UN-chock.

Your lerche is stuck.

Last edited by Tolwyn; 01-10-2017 at 08:44 PM. Reason: corrected Lerche spelling
Old 01-11-2017, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic727 View Post
I don't have Read-only checked, so that's not the problem.
Ok, it's strange though because the mirror setting is stored in the conf.ini. I've tried this a few times and (in my game) the setting is not saved with read-only checked, but it is saved when read-only is unchecked.

Can you manually alter the conf.ini? If you have the following setting, you should start with the detailed mirror view.

[game]
viewSet=8

(viewSet=4 is simple mirror, viewSet=2 is no mirror)

viewSet may have different numbers, but you can ignore those.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

My viewset is 53. Is it normal?

Also what about my pano/instant view with F9?
Old 01-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Approved Member

Yes, that's normal. viewSet is affected by several settings, including the F9 Pan/Snap view so the number can be different depending on your settings. I don't understand it completely, but I've tried it with different numbers to test the results. With viewSet=53 you should already be starting with Pan View and a mirror.

The main point is that if you change these settings in game then the number will change and it should be saved to the conf.ini when you exit the game.

If that is not working, try editing the conf.ini manually as I said before, to see if it has any effect. If it doesn't change anything, then maybe il2 is not even reading the conf.ini
Old 01-30-2017, 04:40 AM
Approved Member

Default BigshipGeneric bug

Not only 4.13.2m , at least 4.12.2m had the same bug.

When we play a single mission (or a quick mission) and a carrier ship is heavily damaged , sinks .... dies,
NullPointerException happens and fps drops about 3 - 5 secs in Die() method.
Game doesn't crash and we can continue our flight after that exception.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:35 AM
Approved Member

Default Brs-132

Two old bugs that should be very easy to fix:

The BRS-132 rockets seem to do no damage against ships. This bug has been around for many versions, but these rockets could kill ships in 4.06. The RS-132 work as expected, and can sink a ship in a few hits.
The BRS-132 are the default loadout for the single mission IL-2 N7, so I guess they are the intended to be effective against ships.

The BI-6 still has unlimited fuel for its ramjets. I think this bug has been around since the plane was introduced.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacha View Post
The BI-6 still has unlimited fuel for its ramjets. I think this bug has been around since the plane was introduced.
The ramjets do eventually run out of fuel. I agree that the time they run for seems excessive though, given that ramjets are not usually considered to be fuel efficient. I fly the BI-6 quite a bit. Despite all its traps for unsuspecting pilots (including the autopilot that flies into the ground in a moderately tight turn) it's my favourite "what if" aircraft in the game! I wish the engine glow would go on and off with the ramjets though ...
Old 07-31-2017, 07:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
The ramjets do eventually run out of fuel. I agree that the time they run for seems excessive though, given that ramjets are not usually considered to be fuel efficient. I fly the BI-6 quite a bit. Despite all its traps for unsuspecting pilots (including the autopilot that flies into the ground in a moderately tight turn) it's my favourite "what if" aircraft in the game! I wish the engine glow would go on and off with the ramjets though ...
Yes, you are right. I assumed they were glitched after setting the fuel to 10% and flying for around 5 minutes at 8x time compression. Sorry about that.