Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 09-24-2016, 10:35 AM
Approved Member

Default Spitfire Take-off Sequence

I was playing off line and was curious when I noticed AI lowers flaps prior to take-off in the Spitfire.

This is incorrect. The spitfire did not use flaps for take-off. Flaps are either up or down, for reducing airspeed. Can this be corrected in the next update?

I also want to express my appreciation for the work done by TD.

I am constantly amazed by the effort and quality of their work.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:04 PM
Approved Member

What happened to the triggers? And the point markers? The one's where we can pick 50pts, 100pts, 500pts ect?
Old 10-12-2016, 03:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEKTRE76 View Post
What happened to the triggers? And the point markers? The one's where we can pick 50pts, 100pts, 500pts ect?
There are point markers in HSFX but I don't think there are any in the stock game.

Wheels
Old 12-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Hi!

I noticed a bug with A6M5 zero. Ahen engine starts propeller spinner changes color to red. This happened to me online.
Here's the track:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Zero1945BUG.zip (1.32 MB, 4 views)
Old 12-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jure_502 View Post
I noticed a bug with A6M5 zero. Ahen engine starts propeller spinner changes color to red. This happened to me online.
Here's the track:
It's a skinning oversight, most likely in the file A6M7 PLAIN.bmp. The spinner does indeed use different part of a skin depending on how fast it's spinning. If you view the skin, you can see a solid bright red square shaped area on the right. That's the error. The low rpm/stopped spinner area is correct, and can be found around the middle left area.

Btw, most of the Yak skins and many canopy areas could use a rehaul. For example, Yak skins get streched and the mouth of Yak-9U's cannon gets texture from the instrument panel :/
Old 01-02-2017, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

I have noticed while flying the FW-190 A-8 armed with the Mk 108 Wing Cannons that the cannons lack muzzle flashes when fired. They are there for the standard guns but not for the Mk 108's.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:56 AM
Approved Member

I have a problem with the R-5, the P-5 and the S.S.S. And that is that the rudder's default setting is not neutral like on all the other aircraft but set slightly to the left. To keep my rudder neutral I have to keep my stick slightly twisted to the right. As soon as I let the stick go, the rudder goes back to a slight left turn.

First I thought my joystick was beeing wierd so I recalibrated it but that did not help. So I tried some other aircrafts and there the rudders default setting is neutral like it should be.

Anyone else having this issue aswell?
Old 01-07-2017, 05:33 AM
Approved Member

Verdun:

On starting the game the R5 rudder is set slightly left. However, if I adjust the rudder trim then reset it, the rudder does return to centre. I was wondering why you didn't adjust the trim in flight rather than stand on the rudder pedal*, but maybe you didn't realise the R5 had adjustable trim?

I also tried the A-8 Mk108 wing cannons, but the muzzle flash is working for me.

*edit- or twist the stick, same thing

Last edited by stovak; 01-07-2017 at 06:31 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Approved Member

I have encountered this on other aircraft types in the past.

First, try resetting the rudder trim before you take off. Use whatever keys you have bound to set your rudder trim to zero, or just adjust your rudder trim to "center the ball" once in flight.

If you are not using rudder trim at all, well, you NEED to.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 01-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Hi,

Just a quick question about an Issue I have since I reinstalled the game on my new laptop.

Each time I start the game, a lot of stuffs are reset for no reasons. What I mean is that each time I start the game and fly, I have to re-add the mirror in the plane and click F9 to have a movable camera. I remember that on my old laptop, mirror was here every time and camera was ok. Anyway to fixe this? Maybe it's problem with my laptop?