Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR videos

RNR videos RNR videos and related discussions

Old 11-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbp View Post
Hello everyone, since this is my first post in the forum. Sorry for my english, I do what I can, hope you understand.

My first question is: why we always see maniacs driving in those videos? I mean, most of us drive this kind of games carefully, and I'm sure we would like to see a soft gameplay with blinkers, stops and nice driving. Just like in real life, not destruction derby.

It's just a question.
It's because video was made by simple person at igromir, and those crashes, I think the guy, who was driving, wanted to show how physics and damage works

Last edited by Freak Of Nature; 11-16-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Of Nature View Post
It's because video was made by the simple person at igromir, and those crashes, I think the guy, who was driving, wanted to show ho physics and damage works
Yes exactly, he was trying to test the damage physics. And from what we seen it looks good.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubaku View Post
Yes exactly, he was trying to test the damage physics. And from what we seen it looks good.
Yeah I like damage, it looks realistic
Old 11-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yes, it looks so real. The glass broken it's just great. But I'm not going to crash my truck almost never. I only say, that it would be fine to see real driving physics with soft brakes, carefull turns, etc. just how a real truck does, and a little bit more about views, traffic behaviour, how's L.A. in the game, what else can you do in truck stops, maybe see a pair of characters... and I'm not talking about sound, because you can't hear anything in that crowdy place, but trucks sounds and radio is so important, there's other ways to show us.

I'm sure there's a lot of nice details after 6 years, and I'm curious about it, don't you? Please, show us some of them, not only drunk driving.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:40 PM
bakingcookies

Thumbs down

Quote:
Unfortunately, he thought physical damage was the only thing to test for this game.

Bullshit, this guy who played the game was an idiot. I forget how long the video was.....15 minutes? all we got to see were cut scenes and physical damage. I see the AI drive too slow still, and going up a curb nearly rolls your truck.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakingcookies View Post
Unfortunately, he thought physical damage was the only thing to test for this game.

Bullshit, this guy who played the game was an idiot. I forget how long the video was.....15 minutes? all we got to see were cut scenes and physical damage. I see the AI drive too slow still, and going up a curb nearly rolls your truck.
Video was 23 minutes long, About Ai I agree with you, they are way too slow (20mph wtf?), but in older videos I saw AI's taking over truck wich was driving pretty fast, so maybe not always AI drive so slowly, I hope so...
Old 11-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

Guys one more video from Igromir, about delivering goods! (not very good quality, but anyway)

Old 11-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Approved Member

Thanks, Is this the video you promised to us? will there be more?

Last edited by Freak Of Nature; 11-17-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Of Nature View Post
Thanks, Is this teh video you promised to us? will there be more?
There will be
Old 11-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
There will be
Today? Just watched the video it was great, but it looked like it was edited, many parts of driving time was cut to show loading, driving and unloading, much stuff wasn't showed. :/