Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

Default Windows 7 install problems

I have windows 7 64 bit and bought the game off of gamersgate yesterday which downloaded temporary files to my E:/downloads and I have to run setup from there.

I have turned off UAC and have made a folder C:\Il2 Sturmovic 1946 outside of program files to install it too.

If I run the a.exe it installs and gives me another setup box where I can set my resolution (I understand I can set it to 1080p with a config change later), joystick, sound, etc and then when I click ok an Il2 screen comes up with the options of "Readme, play and uninstall".

If I click play then nothing happens and when I look the shortcut on my desktop has that symbol you see on some files when you cannot play that type. Then when I click it is says something like "The shortcut il2fb.exe has been changed or moved, so this shortcut no longer works properly., and when I look for the exe in the game folder I cannot find it.

Can anyone help me? I have read alot of people say that they can run il2 on Win7 64 with no problem.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

I'll piggyback this thread to present a problem of my own. I can't install Il-2 1946 on my computer. I insert the DVD and Windows asks me if I trust this program to make changes in my computer and then... nothing. Nothing at all.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium edition on a HP Envy 14 Notebook with Intel i7-2630QM & @ 2.0GHz & Radeon HD 6630M.

All ideas are welcome!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

Is it your anti virus dodo? I had to tell avast that I trusted the game before it would run anything.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Approved Member

Blackadder: install the game in a folder outside of your c:\programs folder. If you have more than one hard drive, you can install on another drive. There is a problem when Il-2 is installed in the programs folder.

Dodo: after the DVD is in your drive, use the executable file "a.exe" to install.

I use Windows 7 64 bit without any problems but there are Windows quirks.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf'N'Cockpit View Post
Blackadder: install the game in a folder outside of your c:\programs folder. If you have more than one hard drive, you can install on another drive. There is a problem when Il-2 is installed in the programs folder.
Hi Ralf'N'Cockpit, I haven't installed the game in the programs folder. It is in c:\games\il2 sturmovik 1946.

I could install it on my other hard drive but my C drive is an ssd which I guess will help performance slightly.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Approved Member

Hi Blackadder, this thread may well help you,

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-with-win7-FIX
Old 04-22-2012, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

Ralf'N'Cockpit,

that did the trick! Thank you!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitbat View Post
Hi Blackadder, this thread may well help you,

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-with-win7-FIX
Thanks fruitbat.

The issue turned out to be a poor download from gamersgate. The 3 GB of temporary files I downloaded did not include the exe or the config file! pretty important

After a redownload it all works.

I have made the screen 1080p by making the config changes but the screen seems to be cropped on both sides by quite a distance, is that normal?
Old 04-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Approved Member

see this thread,

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-in-widescreen

you will have the black bars in the menus but not in game.

However, unless you use Sans FOV changer or if you run a mod version of the game and use one of the FOV mods you will loose some FOV. (this is what i do to get the same FOV back as when you use a 4:3 aspect monitor, FOV you need is 101).