Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

Default Does Totem of Life work on Level 5s?

Does anyone know for sure if they work on level 5s, like Red Dragons? I noticed it never seems to heal them, even if they are the only unit in the range.

Also, anyone ever notice how Oil Mist does not work on level 5s either?
Old 12-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

Odd, Oil Mist should work on anyone. But the totems (both of them) only work on Level 1-4 units, says so in the Talent description.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Odd, Oil Mist should work on anyone. But the totems (both of them) only work on Level 1-4 units, says so in the Talent description.
Where do I mouse over for it? I don't see it say level 1-4 unless I am overlooking something really obvious. Is there another spot to mouse-over for it?

(I attached the picture for reference).

Oil Mist MIGHT have worked on everyone early on and perhaps the Shaman description used to say 1-4, but in Crossworld's 1.3.1 as it stands right now, it does not appear to be the case.

I mean, I cast Oil Mist, but I do not see the negative status effects on level 5s, much to my chagrin.

That said, I have really been abusing Oil Mist to give my relatively low damage mage, some real damage with Ancient Phoenix, Dragon of Chaos, and Dragons!!

As an aside, Totem of Death works on Level 5s. (At least the Damage part, not sure on speed).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shaman-totem-of-life.jpg (728.3 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by ckdamascus; 12-27-2010 at 03:24 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

Oil mist never work on lv 5, since the first time KB AP was released long ago, oil mist description clearly stated that it work only for lv 1-4 creatures, even at lv 3.

However if my memory serves me right, KB TL version of oil mist did work on lv 5 (dragons chew archdemon all the time).

As for totem of life, from my experience it doesn't work on lv 5.

Last edited by atlatea; 12-27-2010 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, oil mist has never worked on level 5s, and the description (this time around) is actually very clear about it. I'm surprised that one slipped past you, CK.

If it did work on level 5s, those cyclops would be just too easy to deal with.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
Yeah, oil mist has never worked on level 5s, and the description (this time around) is actually very clear about it. I'm surprised that one slipped past you, CK.

If it did work on level 5s, those cyclops would be just too easy to deal with.
Haha, I think I read it a few times in the past, and merely focused on the lower part of it regarding vulnerability to damage and range.

But wow, it clearly says it haha.

I think it is because I only saw it as a way to disable ranged units and never to increase fire damage. Since there aren't many ranged level 5s, at the time I wasn't too concerned it only worked on 1-4.

Then I realized it could be used to buff dragon damage. Then I realized it was sort of like an AoE version of Pygmy for damage boosting, so I ignored the ranged damage reduction factor and forgot about the level 5 factor.

Then I was like... hey, how come I can't wipe out those cyclops even faster now?

Last edited by ckdamascus; 12-27-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

Try KB TL and have fun oil misting those cyclop and archdemon

I think in KB TL its name is not oil mist.

Besides, KB TL has better story than AP n CW. The land there is bigger too.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

In KB TL, Oil Mist was two spells - Shroud, which created a cloud reducing ranged damage, and Oily Skin(I think...) which reduced Fire resistance. In fact, it turned fire res. into negative even for creatures who had positive res. I loved the High Magic - Oily Skin+Fire Rain combo. Even dragons fell against it. By the way, Oil Mist does only work against regular ranged attackers - Mages are unaffected.

As for Totems, I speak from experience as I played The Legend with Orc Shamans on the first go - the positive and negative effects of the Totem only work for Level 1-4. The Totem of Death does damage Level 5 units, not sure if the Totem of Life heals Level 5s, because I was using Black Dragons and they were immune to that. Dancing Axes does heal Black Dragons (at least in Legends), though.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
In KB TL, Oil Mist was two spells - Shroud, which created a cloud reducing ranged damage, and Oily Skin(I think...) which reduced Fire resistance. In fact, it turned fire res. into negative even for creatures who had positive res. I loved the High Magic - Oily Skin+Fire Rain combo. Even dragons fell against it. By the way, Oil Mist does only work against regular ranged attackers - Mages are unaffected.

As for Totems, I speak from experience as I played The Legend with Orc Shamans on the first go - the positive and negative effects of the Totem only work for Level 1-4. The Totem of Death does damage Level 5 units, not sure if the Totem of Life heals Level 5s, because I was using Black Dragons and they were immune to that. Dancing Axes does heal Black Dragons (at least in Legends), though.
Regarding Crossworlds,

Partially correct regarding only affects regular ranged attackers and mages. There is no additional penalty applied (the -70% ranged damage or whatever) if the target is melee or a mage. However, Oil Mist technically affects ALL level 4s and to GREAT effect. What do I mean? Not only does it increase the damage to fire, it counts as a negative status effect, which lowers morale, and in turn lowers both their attack rating, and defense rating.

It is pretty scary how much longer my Ancient Phoenix lasts with Oil Mist + Ancient Phoenix since their first strike now does a LOT more damage, so the retaliation does less. Retaliation also does less because of a lower attack rating. I also have Belt of the Victor, which works on Ancient Phoenixes... mwhaha.

Keep hitting the "weak guy" to get a no retaliation on the "strong guy", and you can make him last longer. Even if he dies, I can restore him, since Ancient Phoenix and Dragon of Chaos can be used in the same round they are summoned, sometimes they can kill my Ancient Phoenix permanently in a round, and I can instantly restore him BACK in the same spot, to continue fighting.

Totem of Death hurts level 5s, but does not appear to do any negative status effect to them (bummer), so it does not slow them down or debuff them further for negative morale.

Totem of Life works as you say, not as the description says. My lack of playing the earlier versions has hurt me here!

Dancing Axes STILL heals Black Dragons though!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

Yes, the fire resistance effect of oil mist works on all creatures as long as they're lv 1-4.

Regarding oil mist in TL, i forgot if they come in two spells, but the one that i used most is -fire resistance one. I think it is more powerful than oil mist, it work on lv 5 (except those with magic immunity).