Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 04-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDP View Post
Even Oleg said onliners are only 5% of total sales.
Unfortunately they make 95% of the noise in the forums.

I also get the impression that the devs (including Oleg) had little or no interest in SP, given the failure over so many years to address any of the glaring and easily fixable shortcomings in IL2 1946's SP game. I am hoping for better this time around but I am not holding my breath.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Approved Member

I play this game for about 45 minutes every time a patch is released. Last patch, I watched a 109 do the 8 rolls and shoot into the sky like a f16. I Shut the game off right after that. That's just stupid.

Ill fly online at some point, probably when I can get more than 27fps looking forward in the cockpit. Looks like the AI isn't going to be too much fun nor immersive any time soon
Diamond HD 6970 2GB
16GB Corsair Vengence 1600mhz
22" Samsung LCD @ 60hz 1920x1080
Coolermaster Sniper Case
CH Hotas - Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Quadrant, Pro Pedals
Track IR 5 + Pro Clip
Old 04-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Approved Member

all right the mistakes youre making:

more is less:

your climbing at 200 kph, you have to climb at 300 kph

you over rev your engine

listen to the amazing engine sound keep it so it sounds : tac tac tac

if you cant tell the tacs your over rev your engine i keep it at 2000 rpm

bnz and keep an e advantage dont stop the power when youre behind, this doesnt work neither online

this is the first ai that i enjoy fighting

ill let you into a secrte

have you read enders game?

oleg is messing with time travel ai is not ai but real pilots flying real planes, your controlling a remote controlled fighter

oh yeah those riders are too good for me dumb them down

this is life man aint easy

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL
Old 04-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaaid View Post
all right the mistakes youre making:

more is less:

your climbing at 200 kph, you have to climb at 300 kph

you over rev your engine

listen to the amazing engine sound keep it so it sounds : tac tac tac

if you cant tell the tacs your over rev your engine i keep it at 2000 rpm

bnz and keep an e advantage dont stop the power when youre behind, this doesnt work neither online

this is the first ai that i enjoy fighting

ill let you into a secrte

have you read enders game?

oleg is messing with time travel ai is not ai but real pilots flying real planes, your controlling a remote controlled fighter

oh yeah those riders are too good for me dumb them down

this is life man aint easy
Funny, I don't recall you looking over my shoulder while I fly this sim...

This is life it ain't easy? You think I'm 13 crying about having to work for money?

This is sim software with borked AI. Not life.
and no I'm not saying the AI should be easy, but I should be able to *somewhat* match the maneuver.
Diamond HD 6970 2GB
Coolermaster Sniper Case
Track IR 5 + Pro Clip
Old 04-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

do you know what is a stall roll?

if you roll to much the plane it stalls

how do you roll it too much?

applying rudder, not only stick

and of course going at an speed at which you have strength to control the surfaces

ai is outrolling you by keeping closer to the stall limit

hell ai is now out turning me this is not the old il2 where i outerned ai gladiators with a 190

jump online

are you able to tell ai from human?

tell me how

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL
Old 04-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

So I went back a few pages and looked at your roll video. Yup your rolls look like my rolls. Now explain to me why the AI can do probably 4 rolls in the time it takes you to do 1, on top of whatever else they may do. And why you think its ok the AI work like that.

Stall roll blah blah. Let me see you roll like the AI.
yes I can tell the difference between AI and human. Humans can't roll their simulated planes like the AI can.

Done deal.
Diamond HD 6970 2GB
Coolermaster Sniper Case
Track IR 5 + Pro Clip
Old 04-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs down Nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbs View Post
This is not real-life AI, this is AI-that-simulate-another-player. In online you will fights against humans, and they will do exactly same things. Also, there is bots in online battles, with same AI.

So, this AI perfectly prepares gamers to online battles, and perfectly replace real pilots in online. If you want more realistic AI for offline campaigns and missions, ask ANOTHER AI, but this one good enough.
Horeshit, this is billed as a simulator; currently it simulates nothing playing offline, it leads to situations that simply never happened, which is NOT the role of a simulation; it currently simulates air warfare during WW2 about as well as HAWX.

It does not prepare players for multiplayer, people using Luftwaffe aircraft against the ai, are in for a serious disappointment, when they realise that hurries & spits run circles around them, leaving them completely un prepared for what they will face online.

There really is no good reason for it, we all know and accept the ai will never be as good as a human, which is why players turn to multiplayer when they want the challenge. Single play offers a structured environment in which to play through specific scenarios, re-creating situations that occurred at the time, which generally do not work well on multiplayer pug servers. Moreover, the number of aircraft involved in the typical single player mission negates many ai deficiencies, through weight of numbers, and the changing situation, removing any need for boosting.

It was this same nonsense used in IL2 which rendered most offline play useless from an historical or simulation perspective. Players could not manually take off and stay in formation on full real, as engines burn out trying to keep up with boosted ai; or enemy aircraft outperform counterparts that walked all over them irl.

Boosting performance and removing physical restrictions from the ai, all because of 1V1 single player performance is a farce, and destroys any notion this can be considered a simulation; it is little more than half-baked, arcade crap.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflected View Post
Man, fire up good old BoB2 WoV and then we can talk.
Agree completely. Singularly the best AI I have ever fought against in a WW2 Theatre.

Getting onto the 6 of a 109 and then 3-minutes later being low on the deck in a Rolling Scissors manouevre and not gaining or losing advantage, now that AI was simply brilliant!

I still wait to play CloD as my Graphics card isn't up to scratch (getting a 560 Frozr next-week), but to hear that we have the same Barrel Roll routine is just another piece of the Hangman's Scaffold for me

However, IL2 reached fruition after 10-years....so there is time

Cheers, MP
Old 04-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
Agree completely. Singularly the best AI I have ever fought against in a WW2 Theatre.

Getting onto the 6 of a 109 and then 3-minutes later being low on the deck in a Rolling Scissors manouevre and not gaining or losing advantage, now that AI was simply brilliant!

I still wait to play CloD as my Graphics card isn't up to scratch (getting a 560 Frozr next-week), but to hear that we have the same Barrel Roll routine is just another piece of the Hangman's Scaffold for me

However, IL2 reached fruition after 10-years....so there is time

Cheers, MP
MP, when you get your new card I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the game. Ive been playing on the SYN servers and am having a blast, 126 hours in game according to steam, (had WOP and played for 1 day, must uninstall it, and haven't logged into hyperlobby for over a week). Beats anything I have played in the flight sim genre. I treat missons like rl and my average flight time per misson is 1 hour, just navagating and trying to make it back to base with a damaged a/c is mind blowing in its complexity. Sure its got bugs that need working on, but with maddox games history Im not worried on that score, look at the patches we have had already. Anyway just my 2cents worth.
S`
Old 04-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaaid View Post
do you know what is a stall roll?

if you roll to much the plane it stalls

how do you roll it too much?

applying rudder, not only stick

and of course going at an speed at which you have strength to control the surfaces

ai is outrolling you by keeping closer to the stall limit

hell ai is now out turning me this is not the old il2 where i outerned ai gladiators with a 190

jump online

are you able to tell ai from human?

tell me how
Can I get some of the S%^T you have been smoking? NFI!!!!!