Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Approved Member

Default French Aircraft

I was just watching the old television show, World at War (Great documentary on WW2 incase you haven't seen it) and I was watching the Battle of France episode. So obviously, after watching it I decided to make a thread on French Aircraft; and how cool it would be to have France (Paris, Dunkirk, Wherever) in BoP and some of the French planes such as the, Dewoitine D.520, Moraine-Saulner M.S.406, and other French fighters/bombers etc.

Now I'm not as knowledgeable as I am with Italian or Soviet aircraft, but the out of date, slow, highly nimble (some), and strange looking French planes I think would be an interesting mix with some of the other planes in BoP or in any other WW2 flight simulator for that matter. Take the M.S.406 which is (for its time) was actually not that bad of a fighter, but when the Blitzkrieg came it was no match for the high powered and maneuverable German 109E.

Anyway, my point is that I want to see what all your opinions are on French planes. What do you think about them: Odd, Cool, Dumb, Interesting to learn about (to me they are ) whatever? Do you think it would be fun to test fly one of the many out of date and strange French planes that took part in the Battle of France?

Here are just a few pictures of French planes that I'm talking about, and didn't talk about.

Amiot 143- French Bomber/Reconnoissance Plane

Moraine-Saulner M.S. 406

Dewoitine D.520

Bloch MB 152

There's a lot more. I'm just too lazy to post them all.