Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

Features include planes you can fly and planes that you can shoot down, also has places to land and targets to bomb.

Sounds fun, lets fly.

My god guys, stop stressing out................
Old 03-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs [CV] View Post
Features include planes you can fly and planes that you can shoot down, also has places to land and targets to bomb.

Sounds fun, lets fly.

My god guys, stop stressing out................
Wow! My piloting skills seem to have gone down hill lately! But with the Tiger Moth I guess there will be a plane that I can fly.

I doubt very much there will be any I can consistently shoot down!

Cheers!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacKY View Post
Wait, what features?

What are the features in this game because they sure as hell arent releasing a list of features to us. While many of you "gamers" want to blindly purchase a game based on credentials, I, on the other hand, like to know what I will be getting in my games. Minute long videos of peaceful strolls in a WWII FLIGHT SIM isnt showing me features or telling what will be in the game.

Is there dynamic fire?
How is the damage system in game or if a bullet hits the plane will it leave marks on what it hits and not a preset texture?

The list goes on.
All your arguments in this thread are garbage. No one is forcing you to go out and buy this game day one. If you aren't clued up enough to follow the updates and learn what you are getting, then wait till the game comes out, watch the resulting hoard of user made youtube videos, read the journalist and player reviews and make up your own mind.

In the meanwhile, stop whining and expecting the devs to take time out from doing useful things to make videos explaining every minute detail.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacKY View Post
Research? Isn't a list of features better then searching through multiples of Russian sites and piles of forums for Oleg's comments. I guess some people value money more then others around here also. It seems as though the IL-2 consumers on promises have to turn even a simple request/suggestion for a COHERENT LIST OF FEATURES into a big ******* argument. I don't know whether you people seem to think that everyone is out to get you, like Steam lol, or you don't like it when people disagree or ask for something so minuscule but would help so much but then again, nobody wants any info or for this game to release because they would rather sit in the dark and hope to be surprised.

The only people lacking common sense are all of you that hate knowing the technical features of what you are going to buy. Blind ignorance at its best.
I said in my first post that a list of features is of no value if you don't trust Oleg, and you answered by saying that you would rather have a list of features than trust Oleg. If you are at all capable of rational independent thought please apply this skill to the above concept.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Sternjaeger

ok, he might not have asked it in the right way, but the guy has a point..

the "too many to count" answer makes no sense, it is important indeed to know the features of a sim, and it's a developer intelligent and pro-active attitude to explain them in detail so that people can appreciate the work.

IL-2 is 10 years old and I'm sure there are still features you (or I) don't know about. That's why it's important to keep a developer's diary and make it public, so people know about details like cylinder damage models, airfoils, oil temps model etc..
Old 03-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Approved Member

No - a pre-release list of features is not important at all.
This is not exactly the game you can generate a large scale hype around(it's not Mac either).
Most people will first hear about the game once it's released.
Everything is fine.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Approved Member

Well, I'm happy to risk my money on the new game and face whatever comes in terms of "technical features" and how to tune a) the software, b) my hardware and (c) my game in order to enjoy what Oleg & Co have been busy producing for the last six years.

It's been something like ten years since the original IL-2 Sturmovik arrived and overturned the world of WW2 flight-simming. I've flown just about every incarnation of IL-2 since then, online most every evening, punctuated with sessions of mission-building and hosting co-ops. All through this there's been constant updates, patches and expansion packs from the developers - and a deluge of third-party input from the community (long before modding started) which has made the progress of the game a joy to behold.

A point which seems to have been missed in this thread is this organic nature of the development. We have been given planes, maps, ground units and, imo, a fair representation of flight and damage modelling, plus the ability to use these features to create scenarios and share them with anyone who happens along. Ten minutes spent browsing http://mission4today.com will give you an idea of just how much has been created using the basics that Oleg's crew have provided over the span of the game. So, "the game" as it exists now, is a fusion of Oleg & Co's brainchild and the positive efforts of an active community. It's much more than a bit of software that plays out an interactive script bedecked with all the available bells and whistles that are a measure of much of the current genre.

I will bet you that this new IL-2 series will start good and just grow better with time as before. I think it's a pity to find oneself unable to trust what so many people are saying about the nature of this series and how good it can and will be.
CH Franken-Tripehound stick and throttle merged, CH Pro pedals. TrackIR 5 and Pro-clip. Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:59 AM
BigPickle

I'm happy to buy to, infact i have just pre-ordered it. Thank-you wife
But one thing though I do hope its not like birds of prey, I really wasnt keen on that one so much compared to the IL2 1946 style, but I heard that BoP was made buy a different dev team to Oleg's is that right?
Old 03-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPickle View Post
I'm happy to buy to, infact i have just pre-ordered it. Thank-you wife
But one thing though I do hope its not like birds of prey, I really wasnt keen on that one so much compared to the IL2 1946 style, but I heard that BoP was made buy a different dev team to Oleg's is that right?
Correct; apparently they got the flight model code (or parts of it) from Il2, but the rest is a completely separate production from a different team in their own engine. I wouldn't worry that CoD goes that direction, it's clearly aimed at being a more serious flight sim.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAim View Post
I said in my first post that a list of features is of no value if you don't trust Oleg, and you answered by saying that you would rather have a list of features than trust Oleg. If you are at all capable of rational independent thought please apply this skill to the above concept.
Looks like everybody is riled out and sending insults out like whores send STDs. I have never said I dont trust Oleg so how about you stop making stupid ******* assumptions but seeing as how you have put "rational thought" in trying to make a worthless comeback that will only further this argument, how about you read the rest of the thread and see that everything has all but ceased. There is no comprehensive feature list and I mean COMPREHENSIVE, not a rough overview but maybe we can leave at it that instead of trying to insult because isnt this forum supposedly suppose to be full of adults?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger View Post

IL-2 is 10 years old and I'm sure there are still features you (or I) don't know about. That's why it's important to keep a developer's diary and make it public, so people know about details like cylinder damage models, airfoils, oil temps model etc..

Someone actually gets it. Most people are content with having little to no information or just a rough overview but there are some people that like to know in depth features that watching as minute long video or listening to biased opinions wont tell. Somehow, the people that are irate over differing opinions and people wanting to know more then the rudimentary list will send insults and other nonsense into this thread.

Last edited by TacKY; 03-14-2011 at 03:15 PM.