Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro View Post
I blew up some AA with the machine gun on Tiger Hunt. Took a few sweeps but it went up.
I agree
Old 08-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Approved Member

After playing the demo alot, the only thing im not really good at is shaking my enemy's any tips for this?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Approved Member

err id suggest eather doing a Yo-yo or a rolling scissors
Old 08-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

but what i dont understand, aint that just easy to follow?
Old 08-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Approved Member

ok lets start with a rolling scissors thats easy. Turn left when the guy on your six follows you turn the other way then when they are follwing you again bank the other way etc they should overshoot get infront and give you a good shot of them
Old 08-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepTrgt View Post
After playing the demo alot, the only thing im not really good at is shaking my enemy's any tips for this?
See, you forget that war requires team work. When trying to pull a yo-yo, make sure to try and lead him towards your wingman, and then he will pull off. Also, try rolls to avoid fire, but remember that the computer isn't very aggressive, so be more aware in MP, because I won't be so quick to follow a transparent move to shake me off . But look up some ACM (Air Combat Maneuvering) and that will give you some understanding of defensive posturing.

EDIT: I'm not liking how I worded all of this; I come off as pompous, and I wasn't trying to be that way, so please don't get upset .
Old 08-22-2009, 12:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermuffin View Post
See, you forget that war requires team work. When trying to pull a yo-yo, make sure to try and lead him towards your wingman, and then he will pull off. Also, try rolls to avoid fire, but remember that the computer isn't very aggressive, so be more aware in MP, because I won't be so quick to follow a transparent move to shake me off . But look up some ACM (Air Combat Maneuvering) and that will give you some understanding of defensive posturing.

EDIT: I'm not liking how I worded all of this; I come off as pompous, and I wasn't trying to be that way, so please don't get upset .
haha no problem, not upset at all. I did some reading but feels different when flying.

I Wonder how MP is gonna be if there is still a voice telling you to break and such. A skilled player will also hold his fire until hes in range!

Im just personally trying to Own the skies just by myself, then when I'm online i can do the team work. But if my team fails i can get the job done myself.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepTrgt View Post
haha no problem, not upset at all. I did some reading but feels different when flying.

I Wonder how MP is gonna be if there is still a voice telling you to break and such. A skilled player will also hold his fire until hes in range!

Im just personally trying to Own the skies just by myself, then when I'm online i can do the team work. But if my team fails i can get the job done myself.
So right! Looking up things like a 'Pitchback' makes no sense even with pictures when it finally comes down to doing it in combat.

I found this to be a good site:
http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/vir.../maneuver.html
but it helps to have pictures so:
http://www.tpub.com/content/aviation...P-12220029.htm
That is a military text book (I think) and is HUGE... do some reading in that and you will have a really good leg up on the competition in terms of strategy... although if you can't hit a target it won't help you much !!!
Old 08-22-2009, 02:54 AM
Approved Member

Thanks ill read them,
And no worries i'm a decent shot
Old 08-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

Do you guys throttle down at all when you hit the apex of an Immelmann?