Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

OK, all this talk of 'no self centering' has got me curious and looking at the screws on my x52 stick.
Has anyone taken the spring out of one of these?
Old 05-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

@ Eckhart :
Here are some pictures of the "simpit" of an american customer . I received them 2 month ago .
I'd like to have the same !!!

Old 05-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

@ Ruxtmp :
Don't forgive the "inertia system" (much more expensive than the high grade Hall effect sensors ... ! ) , the matrix circuit board (ready to plug up to 36 switches on the Leo Bodnar's controller) and of course the ball bearings (very big ones) , and all the other parts of the Universal Base ...
Old 05-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

Wink

@ Revi :
Yes , we are working on a shifted axis base , as in the Spitfires , Hurricanes , Mosquitos , but also the Skyhawk , Jaguar , Su27 , and a lot of planes ...
Old 05-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Approved Member

I love that 'pit, it's very close to how i envision my dream 'pit (only with many more switches and stuff). I'm keeping a close eye on your gear, as it looks really nice (at least for a day when the funds are more excessive). Do you envision ever doing a feedback stick (not todays "force feedback" but down the road when there is a better system)? I would love to be able to "feel" the air moving over the control surfaces.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

Interesting video of the Tarmac Aces show the "no return to center" system, see at ~25s:

http://www.valiant-studio.eu/tarmac/...ies_action.php

Sokol1
Old 06-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

Buy the best only cry once !

Keep up the good work C6

when will the rudder peds be ready??
Old 06-20-2008, 12:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
I wonder if anybody from North America bought one of those sticks and how he got it through customs....

It
Eckhart

Hey we Euros face the same problems with the CH stuff¬!,
Old 06-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

It looks fantastic C6!

As Rave said before where are you with your work on the pedal? I have an F16 Simped pedal which is great in terms of precision (Hall Sensor) but the spring loaded mechanism makes it somewhat awkward to use. There are other (extremely expensive) pedals out there with oil damping mechanism which adds to the immersion effect. Could you give us some more details about the characteristics of this great looking pedal which is shown in this video?

On a personal note, I am ready to buy the whole stuff but my wife will certainly kill me .

Could C6 send me a contact address where to order and to get more information about the practical details (shipping, tax refund for non EC countries etc.)?

Cheers,

Eckhart

Ps: I will probably have to tell my wife that this costs less than a mistress...
Old 06-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
I think Tarmac Aces could make quite a bit of money by offering a modification of an existing joystick with the 109 grip. Most people are not going to shell out the bucks for this kit due to the price and the near necessity of making a sim pit. 99.999999% of folks are flying at their computer desk with standard controllers. Offer a standard joystick with a 109 grip and I think Tarmac Aces could make a ton of money.
Couldn't agree more & I'd be first in line for a conversion kit for my long suffering FFB stick...but thinking about this further ,the various companies who design & build joysticks don't work in a vacuum-they must see the interest for a period looking joystick or two?They like us can see BoBSoW slowly coming down the track & must know all of us will be buying all new stuff to make it work,perhaps including a new stick & or controls ? I'd like to think they are already at the drawing boards...Well one can dream ....