Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

Cool Awesome Moments Thread

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread about your greatest moments so far. Mine has to be when on the "Guardian Angel" mission I was being chased by 3 enemy planes. Bearing in mind I play on sim this was so exhilarating! I went right down to tree top level, pulled a couple of barrel rolls, and then swooped under a bridge. I heard an explosion and knew that one of the planes was gone. I then climbed so high that I stalled, and held the stall all the way down, only to see the two enemy planes collide above me in a huge explosion. It really was AWESOME.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Approved Member

Dropping a bomb onto a target, only to see a 109 fly underneath me and get hit
Old 09-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wissam24 View Post
Dropping a bomb onto a target, only to see a 109 fly underneath me and get hit
nice, i have yet to pull that one off!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Registered Member

Playing online tonight against someone using a I16 while I used a Spitfire MKII I had my arse handed to me. In the rematch I flew a I153 and proceeded to beat him 8-1!!! Nothing like giving someone a taste of there own medicine lol
Old 09-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Approved Member

I haven't had too many stunning moments yet, but I do recall playing a game of strike, and leading a huge comeback, which felt pretty good.

We were playing 2 player teams (I was with random people BTW), one bomber and one fighter on each team. I was playing bomber, but the fighter covering me wasn't doing so good and we were getting totally beat up by the other team. Then with 5 minutes left in the game, I shot down the enemy fighter (who seemed to be a pretty experienced player) with the gun turret on my bomber, than finally my teammate got it together and covered me enough for me to bomb the crap out of the other team, we made a comeback and won by about 10 tickets.

Not totally spectacular, but feels good to win a close game like that.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:42 AM
Approved Member

Playing a ding dong team deathmatch, and had a spit in my sights. We were rolling and dicing for a bit and he tried to do a "pull out" after a split-s dive. We both went down ultra low and my left wing tip actually scraped the water. The plane slowed noticable for a sec as it happened and I just managed to gun the WEP to recover.

That and a game of CTA, I was on the glide path and a FW 190 tried to bounce me from the rear. However I was going so slow he totally overshot and I got him as he roared past with a burst from my guns. He plowed right in to the front of the airstrip and made it a nice glowing fireball to light it up/ I was chuffed since it was a night match, it made the landing a whole lot easier
Old 09-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

Heres mine:

Old 09-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatYoungGameGuy View Post
Thats really quite the crash
Old 09-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

I played the Demo last night, and after i shot down most of the Bombers attacking Dover, i shot down a ME109 with a singe tracer. it went straight tru its cockpit!

a small puff of smoke, it started to spiral down and Hit a building.
that was quit the kill.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

Playing online last night, I had an Il-2, and the other two (dogfight), Hurricane and Il-10.

The Il and I were flying straight at each other, trying to gun each other down, guns blazing, whilst at the same time, the Hurricane is straight on my six. We're both taking hits as we fly at each other, and he roars over my head. I hear an explosion, and see on the compass that the Il and Hurri have hit each other! I very lol'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire23 View Post
Thats really quite the crash

Try setting it to 16 HE111s. Now THAT is impressive when they all collide into each other. It's funny enough just to see them acting like fighters