Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:24 AM
Approved Member

Default Moving your head whilst parachuting

Hi Guys,

Is there a way look around when you are floating down in your parachute.

Many a time I would floating down and trying to watch a dogfight going on around me, but can't due to my view being fixed.

If there isn't a feature.. it should be.

Spinfx

Last edited by Spinfx; 09-18-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:58 AM
Approved Member

Only in external view (F2).
Old 09-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Approved Member

only full cockpit here and really miss that possibility .. :-/
Old 09-17-2011, 06:55 AM
Approved Member

It's a luxury feature that I would like too, after other far more important updates.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

It's a pity that full real game hosters don't relent a little and allow external views.. it would make games much more fun as I tend to get shot down pretty quick and would like to watch how the battle ends.. and we could see the pretty planes. (and you could see around whilst parachuting).
Old 09-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Approved Member

External views is not good for Full Real mate...you've got your external views in the dogfight island maps and that's where they should stay IMO

Would like to be able to look in external view though when you've RTB'd at your Airfields and at your airfield only Just to check out your damage etc.

And I agree it's always nice to look at these planes when in external view
Old 09-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

Actually why do you say external is bad for full real? If it comes to this then I might point out that the head tracking needs to be restricted as you can see way too much - you'd normally not be able to look back like this being strapped in tight.

I don't think it matters much for full real servers - I don't see that much of an advantage to be gained from free look - especially compared to how head tracking works in different cockpits.

But I'd also love to see this implemented, head tracking while parachuting that is and adjustments to the head movement in cockpit.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madfish View Post
Actually why do you say external is bad for full real? If it comes to this then I might point out that the head tracking needs to be restricted as you can see way too much - you'd normally not be able to look back like this being strapped in tight.
not true. you od cna look back and check your six. even at 4G manuevers. Cant tell over that value cuz i didnt try it.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Approved Member

I would like to see external views enabled for all recorded tracks regardless of the realism settings whilst recording said track, as for the parachute I would like at least to be able to turn my head as I can in the cockpit.

I think there is some argument for allowing external views as what your display can show you is a small fraction of what your 160 degree FOV mk1 eyeballs would actually see. I don't have trackir so using the pan/snap views I am at a severe disadvantage in a dog fight. One pass and Its hit or miss wether or not I can locate you again. Unless you have large multi monitor setup+trackir then enforced cockpit only view is IMHO unnecessarily restrictive to situational awareness. I accept I will get used to it over time and through experience It will become easier to intuitively know where my opponent is once he leaves my field of view, but it makes for a very steep learning curve playing online.

Unfortunately, It would be necessary to limit the external views to purely the own aircraft with no padlock like functions to reveal targets etc... until this can be done, I'm for sticking with the 'No external views' myself.

Regards,
Sam.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupo162 View Post
not true. you od cna look back and check your six. even at 4G manuevers. Cant tell over that value cuz i didnt try it.
Mh, not sure. CloD limits the way you can look "back" by rolling your head back. You can literally just look up. This is okay I believe, maybe even a bit too restrictive.

But let me show you a picture

Do you really think a pilot could look back to the left like that? Just trying this at home in my comfy chair makes me feel weird. And the cockpit of an me 109 was very tight mind you. You could barely move. I assume a pilot attempting this would have to break his neck.

And since you mention it - especially during heavy G the head track should be limited. Looking back like this while pulling crazy Gs? I doubt it.