Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Approved Member

Ahhh! You would only know Palace as The Glaziers then. the name changed in about 1972. Still, you have other interests, that's fair enough.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Ahhh! You would only know Palace as The Glaziers then. the name changed in about 1972. Still, you have other interests, that's fair enough.
Osprey,

the offtopic useless banter in the last few pages of this thread is a perfect example for the need of heavier handed moderation (and possibly thread locking)

one moment you complain the moderation is to heavy, and the next your the worst offender
Old 12-19-2010, 05:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
I'm inviting in discussion all who knows Il-2 FMB. That to make comparison.
oleg,

will there be new forward airbases created on the maps as the front lines move ? (as was the case in real life). or will allied/enemy airbase locations on BoB/Sow stay fixed ?

this is less of an issue with BoB, since frontlines wont move, but is an issue for other large player maps that come with the BoB release. i hope some "spontaneous" new forward airbases get created by the dynamic campaign server if the frontline moves for more then 20 km for example
Old 12-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Great news for mission builders!

Arriving a bit late to the party here's my two cents:

I think that the decision to keep much of the old FMB GUI and structure is GREAT!

Quoting TUSA: "One of the wisest descisions ever made in Flight Sim history was keeping the format of the Il2 mission builder. I'm so glad to finally see the SOW version, and even more happy to see the the many additions, improvments and integration with SOW capabilities. With the largest base of Combat Flight Sim mission builders in the world - it would have been a waste to change the basic struture of the FMB." Hear, hear!

I have been using the FMB for 5 years, building nearly 70 campaigns and some 650+ missions, and this is a list of things I would love to see:

1.) A "Load last mission"-option
2.) Copy Group of Objects / Save / Rotate /Place
3.) Filter objects / aircraft by different categories
4.) Ablility to add a jpeg to mission
5.) Select skin for entire group

Another thing that I REALLY would like to see is the capability of simple BRANCHING in campaigns, e.g. if you FAIL a in mission A you are directed to mission B, if you succeed you are directed to mission C. (And I hope that the current capacity to randomize mission picks in campaigns are kept.)

Also I second the suggestion to do a beta release of limited version of SOW to a few competent mission builder enthusiasts. I think this would give you very competent feed-back plus it will most certainly mean that SOW will have extra missions and campaigns in no-time!

Thanks for the peek, Oleg. It really looks like SOW will be worth the wait.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
Osprey,

the offtopic useless banter in the last few pages of this thread is a perfect example for the need of heavier handed moderation (and possibly thread locking)

one moment you complain the moderation is to heavy, and the next your the worst offender
zapatista, in our defence (I was OT too) I would just say this came more than a week after the topic started, the new Friday topic had begun and as far as I can tell no responses or interest was being shown by Oleg for many pages/days. It had also become clear that OT posts had almost become the norm late in the thread.

Frankly I don't think any posts made this late in this thread will even be looked at but it's hard to tell as we get no feedback on many questions asked, it's only as Oleg feels and the rest are left to hang in the air. I admire Oleg for what he is doing but many people posting questions or views have no idea if they have even been read by him.

Having said that I will be joining nearmisses's latest drive to get us to stay OT.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 12-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

Perhaps not for SoW, but there are six things I'd really love to see in a combat flight sim, if only to shut up the endless "chart wars" about aircraft performance:

1) Ability to "create your own ammo belts" using different types of ammo, e.g., just ball ammo (preferred by a few units) or different mixes of ball, tracer and armor-piercing, depending on mission and expected opposition, as well as personal preference.

2) Ability to downgrade aircraft performance to simulate damaged/worn out/badly maintained aircraft. Possibly the ability to slightly upgrade aircraft performance as well, to simulate "hot-rodded" aircraft.

3) Ability to choose different fuel types for certain aircraft based on historical availability.

4) Ability to introduce random mechanical failures. Certain aircraft were plagued by mechanical problems.

5) Degradation of airframe strength, engine performance, etc. over time. Possibly affected by environment, available maintenance facilities and available manpower.

6) The ability to start a mission with a damaged plane or one which has suffered a mechanical failure.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Approved Member

guaaaaaaaaauuuuu nice map, biggest, London and Paris, thanks
Old 01-21-2011, 01:33 AM
Approved Member

map of south ITALY
map of north ITALY important alps ITALY-FRANCE
map of mediterrain TUNISIA SICILY AND malta
map of greece and balcans
map cipro and ejipt
map gibilterra and ibiza and south spain
map of belgium and south england
map of south france and corsica and sardegna
map of U.S.A. area of new york coast
map of U.S.A. area of califonia for a japanese surprise attak
map of north japan and tokio.
Especial MAP of south pole ANTARTICA.
ESPECIAL map of atlantic OCEAN to north england.
and map of north germany and finland
ESPECIAL map for race and aereobatic team GRAND CANION or RENO or Schneider race.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schneider_Trophy
Old 01-21-2011, 02:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilon_x View Post
map of south ITALY
map of north ITALY important alps ITALY-FRANCE
map of mediterrain TUNISIA SICILY AND malta
map of greece and balcans
map cipro and ejipt
map gibilterra and ibiza and south spain
map of belgium and south england
map of south france and corsica and sardegna
map of U.S.A. area of new york coast
map of U.S.A. area of califonia for a japanese surprise attak
map of north japan and tokio.
ESPECIAL map of atlantic OCEAN to north england.
and map of north germany and finland
ESPECIAL map for race and aereobatic team GRAND CANION or RENO or Schneider race.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schneider_Trophy
It made me laugh. It seems absurd at first - but some of this stuff would be quite cool "Especial MAP of south pole ANTARTICA." (with the mountains of madness, of course)
Old 01-21-2011, 02:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
And Nazi Ufos!!!

But Alps, south France, Sicily - why not.
Lot of work and therefore expensive...