Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Approved Member

Default One team of Paladin?!

anyone tried this before? at least it looks very very promising on paper!

Inquisitor's set reduces paladin's leadership by 20%

Knight's set by another 20%

so we are looking at 132-leadership-paladins

132 for a unit that has maximum morale(+40% crit) + another 20% crit from inquisitor's set, 200 health and 30% innate magic resistance and 30% innate physical resistance?! all of this just sounds too good to be true! and unlike droids or vampires, you can actually resurrect this guy!!!

i guess the trick is to get both sets to be in your game...
Old 08-02-2010, 04:29 AM
Approved Member

They don't res nearly as easy as black knights though, and their two special abilities are minimally useful with a single stack.

I think Just dragons with Draconix and heart of the dragon, and voice of the dragon level 2 are probably going to be better.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

Technically, it will probably work well with Phantom even for a no-loss, but I'd personally add a stack of knights to the paladins and then I will be very happy. Phantoms galore,2 stacks with a lot of HP, big resistatnces and big crits. Those 2 stacks can own the game easily (apart from the well known strategies)

Last edited by DGDobrev; 08-02-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Approved Member

it gonna take a long WHILE
the bugger is awfully slow
and his ini isn't that decent

but then again it's a good tank

phantom+speed ftw
Old 08-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

i am mostly thinking about boss fights though. especially the gremlin boss.

you want 95% physical AND magical resistance.

so looking across the unit table, what unit comes with most innate resistance?

royal gryphon: 50% magic

droid: 20% physical but vulnerable to magic.

paladin: 30 magic + 30 magic = 60

etc.

and in fact, paladin seems to be the best one when you take resistance into consideration.

you can wear magic resistance gears to reach 95% magical resistance, and then simply cast mana spring+ stone skin(no need for divine armor!) on him and cast resurrect once every 4~5 turns.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

It works, but it is REALLY SLOW. Just make sure you have them stone skinned... even then they do still take a beating though. I fought the heroes guarding k'tahuu with that strategy and it took soooooo long. 300-400 brontors along with mark of blood fron the guaranas, 27+ t'rexs blah blah blah can do some serious damage even with incredible physical resistance. Its just a really annoying strategy. Also keep in mind, t'rexs can fear you when they bite you so you could be wiped out before you even get a chance to attack.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Dryads > Zilgadis . No need for Paladins. Just about 60 to 70% magic resistance.

Honestly, Ziggy gives me the least problems. Ktahu is the hardest to deal with, as significant physical reduction items/abilities are a lot less common than magical ones.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Dryads > Zilgadis . No need for Paladins. Just about 60 to 70% magic resistance.

Honestly, Ziggy gives me the least problems. Ktahu is the hardest to deal with, as significant physical reduction items/abilities are a lot less common than magical ones.
explain your dryads stradegy please? (i am thinking about beating the game with a low-level hero, so you can't bring too many of them)

i fear that you can't swarm the screen with thorns as zilgadis does AoE damage.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Summoned units gain whatever resistances the hero gives, so if you have 75% magic resistance, you'll summon thorns with that resistance. Dryads also start out with a little MR I think.

I used a single stack of Dryads, and phantomed them a lot. Use the warriors to kill towers, the hunters to shoot Zilgadis. When stacks die, they generate mana from transmute, and existing stacks can re-sow for more little minions (Which will also generate mana when they die). Occasionally cast calm rage and resurrect so that you don't lose any of the original dryads.

It was surprisingly easy, but it is somewhat based off of high leadership, as it makes both the thorn summoning and phantoming more efficient.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post

It was surprisingly easy, but it is somewhat based off of high leadership, as it makes both the thorn summoning and phantoming more efficient.
that's the thing tho, can you pull off the same win with say around 12,000 leadership?