Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Approved Member

Default Bomber hopes for COD

Im actualy a 109 fanboy, but the HE-111 have kinda a special place for me. Im not into the B-17`s etc, the HE-111 is the bomber i always think of first when i hear talk about WW2 planes.

What i hope for in COD for the bomber`s

Ability to talk interact with the crew (ask if they are ok, ready etc)'

The crew interact with me. Calling out enemys, out of ammo etc.

The ability to control fuel etc (turn of a leaking fuel tank etc)

Multithrottle control

Visual 3d crew inside plane.

What i hope in general is that COD bombers give me the bomber feeling. Im sitting in a plane with others, when i look around i se them. I can ask the basic things and the can tell me basic things. a populatet bomber.

But also a bomber i feel i have more control over. I can switch of things that are broken, especialy the fuel tank with a 1m hole in it, instead se all your fuel going out...

I actualy look more forward to the multicrew planes than the fighters. A fighter is fairly easy, its you and the plane, where a bomber relys on more factors to be able to have succes...

Anyone else have it like me ??

LTbear
Old 01-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Approved Member

i fly almost only bombers online in IL2 nowadays.
Trying to fullfill the missiontask that is given in scripted Dogfightservers (mainly on the WoP servers) and COOP missions (COOP online wars).

im also looking forward to the bomberflying in CoD ! one of the best 'updates' (video from the Moskau game show) the last month was the in cockpit video of a Ju88 with Crewmembers sitting beside , awsome !

additional hopes are:
- a more detailed arming screen. where you can select the armament stations and not only have a given kind of armament options.
and that the factor "max start weight" comes to count if you are selecting the bombload and fuel !! always an important factor for bombers. As Examble, a Do17Z (sure only AI in CoD) had with 1to of bombs only a combar range of less than 400km ! Equipting the forward bombbay with a fuel tank the range was over 1000km but only 500kg of bombs were possible.

- i wish that the bombercrew can select the bombdelays and order of bombrelease

- i hope that a RAF bomber that can carry more than ~1000lb (the Blenheim Mk.IV) will be available as soon as possible. My favorites for that would be the Wellington (even more as it is as AI in the release version) or the Hampden (my personal favorite, because it was a 'pilots' plane like the Ju88 ).

i can only say, bring on the bombers
Old 01-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

I too am excited about flying the bombers, because it's so different that it's like having a second type of sim.

In bombers it will be more about managing and operating the aircraft and crew than maneuvering. Don't get me wrong, i'll be flying plenty of fighters too, but when i want a different set of challenges that take place in a less frantic pace, then it will be all about the multi-engined birds.

My personal dream is to be able to fly in a few years the less publicized missions on online dynamic campaign servers. For example, hunting for U-boats with a catalina, flying reconnaissance missions in a mosquito, night bombing in RAF heavies or intercepting them in Luftwaffe night fighters...situations where you are not in direct combat but the suspense is greater due to other factors: operating alone or widely separated from other friendly units, possibly in bad weather or at night and having to really know your plane inside out to maximize performance and your chances of coming back home.

It's almost like combining the action of a combat flight sim with the systems modeling of a civilian flight sim and the suspense of a submarine sim
Old 01-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

I'm with you, I remember I had lots of fun with this old flights sim called B17 The Mighty 8th, since then always loved flying bombers, in that sim you could order the crew some tasks, but out fires, take care of wounded crew members.. ect.

But calling out enemy fighters would be really awesome and grunts, victory chants and whatnot! The Mighty 8th had those feature as well, adds so much more immersion!
Old 01-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Approved Member

Hopefully tomorrow we will get an update containing something about bombers in CoD...

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
Old 01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53Frankyboy View Post
i fly almost only bombers online in IL2 nowadays.
Trying to fullfill the missiontask that is given in scripted Dogfightservers (mainly on the WoP servers) and COOP missions (COOP online wars).

im also looking forward to the bomberflying in CoD ! one of the best 'updates' (video from the Moskau game show) the last month was the in cockpit video of a Ju88 with Crewmembers sitting beside , awsome !

additional hopes are:
- a more detailed arming screen. where you can select the armament stations and not only have a given kind of armament options.
and that the factor "max start weight" comes to count if you are selecting the bombload and fuel !! always an important factor for bombers. As Examble, a Do17Z (sure only AI in CoD) had with 1to of bombs only a combar range of less than 400km ! Equipting the forward bombbay with a fuel tank the range was over 1000km but only 500kg of bombs were possible.

- i wish that the bombercrew can select the bombdelays and order of bombrelease

- i hope that a RAF bomber that can carry more than ~1000lb (the Blenheim Mk.IV) will be available as soon as possible. My favorites for that would be the Wellington (even more as it is as AI in the release version) or the Hampden (my personal favorite, because it was a 'pilots' plane like the Ju88 ).

i can only say, bring on the bombers
Hear! Hear!

While I can wait for an update for more bombers (will be a lot of fun just exploring what it will have), I will insist a patch with full control of all the bombers in BoB.

(Oh, must have Loadout control too.)

Ju88 (seems like player control in CoD)
He111
Do17z (and Do215)
Blen I and IV
Wellington
and that Italian bomber (cant recall name).

(Stuka of course)

Would like to see the 109E-7 as well, with a single 50kg bomb.

BTW JG53Frankyboy, you did your homework, GJ!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

Wink

Not that I am a big fan of them iron trucks, but there are a few things I'd love to see outside of systems modelling.

1.) area targets
2.) visibility
3.) AI that can actually detect the target zone without me having to guide it to it and serve it on a silver platter
4.) no more "target these specific trucks on this road" but "bomb enemy supply lines at XYZ"

EDIT: Damn, I missed that. Actually loadouts were ordered for combat missions. I'd rather not have a "toolbox" to fiddle with. This results in too much unhistorical BS IMO.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

Area targets are very important IMO.
And +1 on the Do17z,I would buy that plane on its own if it was available to fly!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Area targets are very important IMO.
And +1 on the Do17z,I would buy that plane on its own if it was available to fly!

I actually own a few pieces of Do-17's

2 data plates and fuel gage, all marked with "Do-17"
Old 01-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

yep , area targets would be important !

in IL2 you have to hide trucks in the houses........................
in BoB there should be a "ground target" circle (or better area selector of any shape) with a wincondition of how many bombs , in numbers or total weight (as best selectable !), have hit this area !!

would make the live of the missiondesigner so much easier